Old phone help - Unlocking from Network

tuftywhite

getting away with it so far!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been emptying some boxes and found my old motorola pebl.

I'd like to use it as a spare phone and got a Giffgaff sim for it.

Unfortunately the phone needs unlocking from Virgin Mobile. I've logged a request but it's taking ages.

The message on the phone is asking for Subsidy code. Is this expecting the unlock code?

Does anyone know a short cut to unlocking the phone.

I haven't used it since 2008 but the battery still lasts a week on a single charge!!

Thanks in advance.

Unlocking instruction for Motorola U6 PEBL ?
The unlocking procedure is very basic, just follow these steps and your device will be network free.

1. Start the device with a simcard different than the one that works in your Motorola U6 PEBL. (Your device works with AT&T, insert a T-Mobile simcard)

2. Message input unlock code should appear (if for any reason the device shows a message Contact operator or Inability to enter the code, please leave the U6 PEBL for 30 minutes or more. After some time window enter unlock code should appear)

**In special cases you might try a #073887* sequence to force your device to ask for an unlock code.

3. Dial the unlock code provided by sim-unlock.net

4. Motorola U6 PEBL is now capable for any network you want.

https://sim-unlock.net/simlock/Motorola/U6_PEBL/

or Buy an Unlock code

GiffGaff have a few options at the bottom of the page https://www.giffgaff.com/unlock/motorola-pebl-u6-phone

easy way to get your IMEI number ("International Mobile Equipment Identity" as Someone is bound to ask sometime)

on your phone keypad

use the *#06# (star hash zero six hash) and the IMEI pops up

I dont know if it's changed,

but most providers will provide or actually unlock a phone within minutes if your out of contract - The fruit being the exception to the norm

Have a look on virgins website,

I seem to recall when i was on orange and i was out of contract it took 2 text messages sent via them following an online request and it was done

Back
Top Bottom