Recommend me some new tyres

dicktheleg

Pestie to the Nobility
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2013 Bonneville SE 17” Mag wheels.

Original Metzeler tyres are worn and hard and crap.

So help is required please chaps.

Recommend me some new rubber.

Thanks
Rich

2013 Bonneville SE 17” Mag wheels.

Original Metzeler tyres are worn and hard and crap.

So help is required please chaps.

Recommend me some new rubber.

Thanks
Rich

Almost all the 2020 top brands will be far better as tyre technology has improved greatly Maybe check out Fort Nine on you tube? It obviously depends upon intended mileage and how hard you ride it solo or two up etc :beerjug:

Stick with the British meme and get some Avon Storm 3D. Sport touring rubber so wear well but have sticky edges. I use them all year, commuting & touring.

They are 1 revision behind the latest tyre so quite a bit cheaper than the Metzeler Roadtec 01, Michelin Road 5 etc.

Not sure where you are in Worcs but Protyre and Chris Mullins in Gloucester usually have them in stock as they are quite popular around here due to the relatively local connection.

Been using Michelin pilot street for the last 20 odd thousand miles(not the same pair).
Cheap, wear ok, and good enough to scrape the pegs on occasion.

Stick with the British meme and get some Avon Storm 3D. Sport touring rubber so wear well but have sticky edges. I use them all year, commuting & touring.

They are 1 revision behind the latest tyre so quite a bit cheaper than the Metzeler Roadtec 01, Michelin Road 5 etc.

Not sure where you are in Worcs but Protyre and Chris Mullins in Gloucester usually have them in stock as they are quite popular around here due to the relatively local connection.

+1 :thumb I replaced the standard Pirellis on my 2017 T120 with these Avons, the bike feels so much better. They grip well in the wet as well.

Back
Top Bottom