Dolly mover recommendations

Stunts

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm doing some work in my garage and feel a centre stand dolly is going to be a cracking idea going forward (and backwards as well as sideways). I've searched on this forum and t'internet, but can't seem to find a decently priced one (I'm not wanting to spend Wunderlich prices) with the capacity for a 1200 GS LC. Any ideas please? Ta!

Hi all, I'm doing some work in my garage and feel a centre stand dolly is going to be a cracking idea going forward (and backwards as well as sideways). I've searched on this forum and t'internet, but can't seem to find a decently priced one (I'm not wanting to spend Wunderlich prices) with the capacity for a 1200 GS LC. Any ideas please? Ta!

I bought one from nippy normans for a F850 and couldn't get it on the centre stand using it.Maybe with two people i could.I def couldn't using it with my GS1250A..

The Wunderlich one is not brilliant in any event, floor needs to be billiard table smooth for it to work

I bought one from nippy normans for a F850 and couldn't get it on the centre stand using it.Maybe with two people i could.I def couldn't using it with my GS1250A..

I haven't got one as I don't think i would be able to get the GSA on the center stand either. Love the idea though.

The Wunderlich one is not brilliant in any event, floor needs to be billiard table smooth for it to work

Does anyone do one with chunkier tyres, that can be used on slightly rougher surfaces?

Does anyone do one with chunkier tyres, that can be used on slightly rougher surfaces?

Its getting the bike onto the thing that's the problem. Maybe if it was flat to the floor and you could raise it up that would help.

I have a constands one which I've had for about 5 years now. They do 1 which looks identical to the Wunderlich one in the bottom link

This is the Wunderlich one

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/b...r-tools/lifter-mover/easypark-m21790-000.html

This is the 1 I have, but it's a bit fiddly getting the bike in the correct place. too far in 1 direction it stops the one wheel turning, too far the other and the lever fouls the centrestand

https://www.motea.com/en/motorcycle...Dec6trvy8ArtObvWIB10CcP_-OE49kUkaAtbbEALw_wcB

This one is better suited to a GS and is cheaper at 69.99 euros than getting it direct from constands

https://www.motea.com/en/dolly-mover-for-centre-stand-constands-mover-ii-max-320-kg-black-990606-0

For mine. I find I only needed to move it sideways a little and back, so I just put a 12 inch x 36 inch piece of stainless steel 1mm thick on the floor.
Put the bike on the stand on top of it and it slides quite easily on the steel plate.
£5 from a local tin basher and I deburred the edges with a file.
Dan

For mine. I find I only needed to move it sideways a little and back, so I just put a 12 inch x 36 inch piece of stainless steel 1mm thick on the floor.
Put the bike on the stand on top of it and it slides quite easily on the steel plate.
£5 from a local tin basher and I deburred the edges with a file.
Dan

a strong plastic tea tray would do the same?

For these things to work you need a smooth surface to be able to move it once you have 1/4 ton of GS on it, to stand any chance of putting your bike on the main stand you need to put the ESA on max preload and then still need a grown up to help.

I need one specifically for centre stand - sideways clearance (i.e. the bike leaning) is the issue :) Thanks anyway.

Thank you all. Maybe I need to investigate just using my Abba Skylift and make allowances for the stabilising legs.....

For these things to work you need a smooth surface to be able to move it once you have 1/4 ton of GS on it, to stand any chance of putting your bike on the main stand you need to put the ESA on max preload and then still need a grown up to help.

I'm 5'7" tall and just over 11 stone so hardly your average tosser but I can get my GS ( I've had 2 1200s and now have a 1250) onto my constands dolly without too much more effort than I need to just put it on the centre stand. I start with the bike on the sidestand then position the dolly but putting it roughly in place then offer the centre stand down to the dolly to check it's lined up ok. Then I lift the bike up to the vertical and once the centre stand in touching the dolly I simply stand up on the centre stand holding onto the rear rack and use my leg to push down on the centre stand and it lifts up no problem. The only issue I've found is I need some decent shoes or boots on as the stand does dig into the sole a bit more.

I bought this one in 2018 and works absolutely wonderful

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N1ILT6W/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_Qz9VEbAFCP92V

I'm a small guy and I have absolutely no issues whatsoever putting my GS on the center stand and moving the bike around is a breeze around my shed, no bother at all.

I'm 1.7m/60kg wet... So that's about 5'7 / 9 stones and some pebbles???

I don't have a big shed and the ramp into it is somewhat steep so it'll be challenging to go backwards on it..

I drive in/out and turn the bike around with the dolly and put it nicely against the wall when not in use.

Centre stand dolly

I have this one for sale, £30 plus p&p. Used a few times for my 2017 GSA but now changed garage layout so no longer needed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_144758431_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200516_144758431_HDR.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20200516_144818830_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200516_144818830_HDR.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_20200516_144837040_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200516_144837040_HDR.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 319

Back
Top Bottom