Sealey Motorcycle lift

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just looking at the Sealey MC365 motorcycle lift advertised for £395 including free delivery. On Amazon its supplied by Prime Tools and also on ebay by the same supplier.

I have a F700GS with centre stand so the lift will handle the bike.

If you have one or used to have one what is your opinion of it, did you find the lift table big enough or was it all a bit cramped, also anything else you think might be useful.

As an alternative I am looking at the Clarke CML3 450Kg foot pedal lift but that comes in at over £530 with delivery from Machine Mart. It seems as if the bigger lift is almost 200mm wider with a comparable length, just wondering if this makes a big difference.

This is quite an expensive outlay so I want to get it right, also its my first lift and hopefully the last !!

TIA :)

I have had the wider Clarke one for well over 15 years with no issues, if you have the room buy the wider one . I have found that for bikes without a centre stand where you need to use a paddock stand it is easier on a wider lift

I always leave a bike parked on the lift and mine has had everything from 250 trail bikes up to the 1200 gsa, gsx 1100 and even a k100lt on it with no issues

Couple of things.

If you buy a Sealey lift (I have the MC454), regardless of who you buy it from it will be delivered direct from Sealey and they won't deliver unless you have a forklift to take it off the truck. I had two orders cancelled because i didn't. Don't think you can trick them either. No forklift, no delivery and you pay for restocking.

The supplied wheel clamp is completely inadequate for its task. Figure in the cost of the upgraded clamp (~£100)

Thirdly, you will also need decent stable jack to get the rear wheel off the ground. Once the front wheel is clamped you cannot (for obvious geometric reasons) then move the bike onto the centre stand as suggested in the instructions (although they are wrong and Sealey are currently rewriting them to remove the errors).

The Clarke and Sealey (and other brands) bike lifts are all clearly made in the same factory in China.

Thanks for the advice looks like its the Clarke lift.

P.S. Just spoke to Machine Mart re the Clarke lift and they state that it is my responsibility to arrange lifting from the delivery truck to the kerb side and it will cost me £50 home DELIVERY.
Need to rethink!!

Yeah - they are very expensive for carriage, it's a big old unit.
There's a Clarke one for sale on here at a good price (£300)
You may find you need the wide one for your centre stand...if you look at it you will see the long leg of the centre stand may not fit.
Here's mine, (the larger Sealey one) and you can see the potential issue...the centre stand is effectively very wide with the actuator...
normal_F650GS%20on%20Sealey.jpg

I went for the Sealey because i wanted a SCISSOR design, goes straight up and down unlike the paralellogram Clarke unit (needs more length (oooh errr missus)

FWIW, Steptoe seems to be selling a CML3 [I think] over on the for sale forum. No idea what the transport logistics would be like for you but may be worth considering.

Also, the reason I thought I'd reply... I have been using my EazyRizer "Big Blue" last couple of weeks in my XRV750 restoration and I am loving it. Really versatile. Having secured the frame to it, I managed to fully disassemble the bike... Swingarm, wheels, forks, stands, the lot. I couldn't do that with a table-lift. And now I have secured the engine on it to give me better access for cleaning, servicing while the frame is at the powedercoaters. I am intending to use it to service my F800GS next. Granted, it is not as easy to secure as just riding onto the ramp, but once secured, I think it is actually better. It also stores quite easily and has various ways of mounting the bike (mine uses footpegs brackets). May be worth considering. There is a ls also a red version (I think that both would do more than adequately for F700GS). I got mine off a local guy on Gumtree, they do come up occasionally.

Hope that helps. (No, I am in no way connected to the company. :) even though the above may look like an advert... it is not. I just thought you may want an alternative idea.... )

I had the MC365 for many years..
Then sold it..:blast

Then bought the Clarke CML3...

Now I thought the Sealey was good but if you can stretch to the Clarke do it..

The sealey will do the job whereas the CML3 excels.

The bigger platform is easier.
It's heavy but some way & that makes it more stable.
The rear panel that comes out is great for dropping the rear wheel out.

The CML3 is just a better product..

But like a mini & a 5 series... ;)

Piccies -
Sealey MC365 first
Clarke CML3 second.

You can see the size difference..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190523-211626.jpg
    Screenshot_20190523-211626.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 718
  • FB_IMG_1558642084724.jpg
    FB_IMG_1558642084724.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 616
Plenty of room to work on a F series on a CML3.
My 700GS on the Clarke lift..

EDIT....

OK now you have the 700 GS but you might get a bigger bike in the future..
Then the Clarke really makes sense..

:thumb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200517-020146_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200517-020146_Gallery.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 563
Thanks for all the comments, it looks like its the Clarke.
Just got to sort out the unloading problem.

The bigger Sealey (the one above with my F650GS on it is as bit as the Clarke, but it has the advantage of being "scissor", not paralellogram...
Here it is with my K1200RS on it (4cm longer than the R1250GS)...
normal_sealey%20k12.jpg

Back
Top Bottom