Hello All from the GS newbie

Marwal

Reaction score
hello,

I've made the move to the dark side after 30 years of motorcycling all types of bikes from Jap sports to Russian Urals. I picked up a 2006 1200GS yesterday that's been battered and bruised for a few years out here... Its got a few bumps and scrapes and is coughing a bit. I think its due to the poor servicing and not so good petrol quality in this region, but I hope to bring her back to life over then next few weeks. As usual, the service side of things here is not regarded as important so I am starting from scratch. One good thing on my side is that she done only 27500kms.
My wife and I are avid (2up) travelers, we have toured all over the UK, Azerbaijan and Georgia. Last year we rode home (Baku to Aberdeen 5000 miles in 12 countries and 12 days) on our 1998 KTM 640 Adventure, so far that's been our best experience.
We were planning to ride our 1996 Ural(with sidecar) home this month, but this time going up through Russia. Unfortunately this nightmare Covid stopped that(
We plan to ride the GS home any time over the next 2-3 years, but maybe we'll do it over a few months. First I need to get her back to scratch and come to terms with all the noises she makes. Hopefully by joining this forum I can learn from seasoned GSers, and if I can, i will provide my input and learnings from bringing this old girl back to tip-top shape.

Thanks

Martin.

Hi Martin

Welcome and all that

I’m working Aberdeen regularly so if you need anything give me a shout.

I’m far from a GS expert but have owned loads so will help where I can.

The tech section on here is very good.

Welcome again

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. Always interested to in a thread about getting a gs back up to scratch. JJH

Welcome to the nut House....

Back
Top Bottom