Pack talk updater is thoroughly poop

Just wait till you try and change the name of the unit it will let you on the app but the unit still says hello packtalk bold
Been in contact with Cardo seams it was dropped from the last update so how the fuec you suppose to connect via voice in Bluetooth god knows

Just wait till you try and change the name of the unit it will let you on the app but the unit still says hello packtalk bold
Been in contact with Cardo seams it was dropped from the last update so how the fuec you suppose to connect via voice in Bluetooth god knows

The name makes no difference at all to connecting via bluetooth or anything. Not sure what your trying to do, but the name thing was just a nice to have when you switched it on and it announced your name, its still named so when you connect to it via the app or if you want to identify the unit or if someone else is searching for your particular device when connecting via DMC or bluetooth.

On my original packtalk when in Bluetooth you could use voice to call a person you know in Bluetooth and that still works providing you know the name of the other unit
The new packtalk bold dose not give you that facility as when you rename the unit it only dose it on the app and will only show up in dmc groups so whilst in Bluetooth you cannot have a friend on an older model call you whilst riding and connect to you

On my original packtalk when in Bluetooth you could use voice to call a person you know in Bluetooth and that still works providing you know the name of the other unit
The new packtalk bold dose not give you that facility as when you rename the unit it only dose it on the app and will only show up in dmc groups so whilst in Bluetooth you cannot have a friend on an older model call you whilst riding and connect to you

I never use it in BT and only use it with others in DMC mode, guess there must be a reason and tech moves on. But looks like you need to get your friends to upgrade their comms then :)
Have you asked that specific question on Cardo, because I understood the the unit is still named, it just doesn't announce it. I have the old Packtalk and mine is the same now, as when you upgrade software it took away the naming announcement.

Back
Top Bottom