Pack talk updater is thoroughly poop

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I have 3 palktalks running v5.2, windows 10, Firefox, genuine cardio cable and very little patience now!

I’ve tried cardio community and have updated the units to v5.2, no option for v5.3

I’ve downloaded and installed the new updater and it says that the units cannot be updated on it as they are not compatible.

Im at a loss. I believe I have reregistered the units on both community and before downloading the new updater.

everything on the cards site just sends me roam days and round in circles.

Can anyone shed some light on this please, quite likely I’m about to use the usb lead to string myself to the light fitting :D

Have you

A) Tried another cable

B) Factory reset the units, and tried to flash straight to 5.3

I updated my Packtalk Bold to 5.6 via the new updater yesterday. I did have a faff getting the updater to "see" my unit but got it in the end.

Did two of mine Friday, used the updater, it was on a MacBook though and it saw the units immediately and worked without issue. You do need a different log on to use the updater ie you have to register again as the community log on doesn't work. There is a packtalk facebook group, so might be worth asking on there, but I am in that group and nobody has had the issue you have.

Did two of mine Friday, used the updater, it was on a MacBook though and it saw the units immediately and worked without issue. You do need a different log on to use the updater ie you have to register again as the community log on doesn't work. There is a packtalk facebook group, so might be worth asking on there, but I am in that group and nobody has had the issue you have.

By that, I have to use an alternative email then because if I use my email it says somebody is already using it!

It really is a stupid arse piece of software management.

The packtalks are registered to me, does that mean deregistering them all and re registering them under my wife’s email (which I would use for the new account), just to get the update?

Finally it’s updated, why.....I have no idea :blast

Updated the app on my phone, had Cardo support web page open and redownloaded the new updater. Connected packtalk, opened the updater and boom, it found it and the update to v5.6 :beerjug:

Feckin ridiculous piece of shite software!

Finally it’s updated, why.....I have no idea :blast

Updated the app on my phone, had Cardo support web page open and redownloaded the new updater. Connected packtalk, opened the updater and boom, it found it and the update to v5.6 :beerjug:

Feckin ridiculous piece of shite software!

Apart from updating the app., pretty much how i got it done here. Un-installed the updater software then, using the installer
already in my download folder re-installed the updater and straight away the Packtalk was recognised and updated :nenau

Apart from updating the app., pretty much how i got it done here. Un-installed the updater software then, using the installer
already in my download folder re-installed the updater and straight away the Packtalk was recognised and updated :nenau

Not quite the same, I installed and reinstalled 7 times!

Anyway, been for a ride and it still glitches with the 595 zumo and sounds shite until you turn off the sat nav, turn the connection to the phone, feck about for ten minutes and then through the miracle of who knows what, it eventually plays ball. You’d think after so many years they’d be able to make this shite fairly reliable....but no.

Not quite the same, I installed and reinstalled 7 times!

Anyway, been for a ride and it still glitches with the 595 zumo and sounds shite until you turn off the sat nav, turn the connection to the phone, feck about for ten minutes and then through the miracle of who knows what, it eventually plays ball. You’d think after so many years they’d be able to make this shite fairly reliable....but no.

Not sure what is happening, but I have had an original Packtalk since they came out, I have had it paired to a nav v and nav vi, never and I mean never has there been any issues with connection or pairing, also never any issues with the updater. So you must be unlucky or doing something wrong. I have my phone paired to the Nav and the Packtalk itself as I use on other bikes without my own Nav. The only procedure I follow is to ensure I have the Packtalk switched on before the Nav comes online.

Not sure what is happening, but I have had an original Packtalk since they came out, I have had it paired to a nav v and nav vi, never and I mean never has there been any issues with connection or pairing, also never any issues with the updater. So you must be unlucky or doing something wrong. I have my phone paired to the Nav and the Packtalk itself as I use on other bikes without my own Nav. The only procedure I follow is to ensure I have the Packtalk switched on before the Nav comes online.

Similar experience here.

Packtalk Bolds updated to 5.6 last night went via 5.3, something it wouldn’t do last week.
Still crap sound volume, still won’t link to a mates SenaSMH10. Flaky app, refusal to toggle DMC and Bluetooth via pressing top and bottom buttons
All in all, not at all impressed with Cardo

Packtalk Bolds updated to 5.6 last night went via 5.3, something it wouldn’t do last week.
Still crap sound volume, still won’t link to a mates SenaSMH10. Flaky app, refusal to toggle DMC and Bluetooth via pressing top and bottom buttons
All in all, not at all impressed with Cardo

Well mine is paired to a mates Sena, also easiest way to switch from Bluetooth to DMC is us the app on your phone, also easiest way to pair with other riders in a group. Volume wise, speaker position is essential, I have changed my speakers for torx xpro, but even with fitted ear plugs I can still hear it fine, do ride an RT though, so maybe quiet. Also do a search, but switch of auto gain control and that helps the volume.

Thanks for the reply, gonna blame the Sena!
Yep the app swaps but to dmc ok but two buttons pressed should do it too
Must try playing around with speaker position but even with fitted earplugs helmet seems noisy C3 Pro, thought that was supposed to be a quiet one!?

Thanks for the reply, gonna blame the Sena!
Yep the app swaps but to dmc ok but two buttons pressed should do it too
Must try playing around with speaker position but even with fitted earplugs helmet seems noisy C3 Pro, thought that was supposed to be a quiet one!?

Ive got a C3 Pro and Neotec 2, volume is fine and I'm half deaf :). But position is critical and as I said, I do have different speakers and try switching off AGC

Another buggy just appeared tonight with the new firmware, music is fine when solo, as soon as I join the family DMC group, music volume drops by 2/3 to barely audible.

I cannot figure it out. There’s no settings that seem to turn this on or off. I’ve paired and re paired, reset and deleted all connections, all re paired phone, then headset, then gps and every connotation thereafter.

Love it on its own, love it as a basic intercom, but it fails to deliver imho on what it promises.

It pisses me that you can buy the top sat nav, the top intercom, the top phone and yet they all over promise and under perform.

IIRC, there is a "mix" setting to determine how much volume you get get when there is a mix of inputs.
Whether this pertains to your problem i don't, without reading up on it, know.

Another buggy just appeared tonight with the new firmware, music is fine when solo, as soon as I join the family DMC group, music volume drops by 2/3 to barely audible.

I cannot figure it out. There’s no settings that seem to turn this on or off. I’ve paired and re paired, reset and deleted all connections, all re paired phone, then headset, then gps and every connotation thereafter.

Love it on its own, love it as a basic intercom, but it fails to deliver imho on what it promises.

It pisses me that you can buy the top sat nav, the top intercom, the top phone and yet they all over promise and under perform.

If your on facebook, join the Packtalk facebook group, there is lots of users on there. Someone else is experiencing a drop in music volume once someone else joins a group in DMC, might be a bug. I don't use music on mine, so haven't noticed anything different with the DMC group and volume

If your on facebook, join the Packtalk facebook group, there is lots of users on there. Someone else is experiencing a drop in music volume once someone else joins a group in DMC, might be a bug. I don't use music on mine, so haven't noticed anything different with the DMC group and volume

Done that and still no answer to the problem.

On Bluetooth connections it’s fine, only when in DMC mode, so quite possibly a bug in the firmware.

Back
Top Bottom