Wild camping bike Trip to Lake District, from Hampshire

EasySushi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fellow GSer's,

Anyone fancy a a trip to lake district, wild camping bit of hiking in the next couple of weeks.

PM me if interested

Cheers

Ty

Love to but I fear it’s not allowed to stay in “second” accommodation.

Unless I’m mis interpreting the system ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellow GSer's,

Anyone fancy a a trip to lake district, wild camping bit of hiking in the next couple of weeks.

PM me if interested

Cheers

Ty

Yeah, I’m afraid it’s a no go at the mo. Hoping it will be back on again July.

At the minute there are little or no cafes, shops or public toilets open either. I'd stay clear for a while if I were you

I may be wrong but I think there have been Covid spikes in places like the Lake District because of people going there to 'exercise'.

Whilst it sounds like a great idea, it's probably not quite time yet.

To be honest, it has crossed my mind, but I'd rather be patient.

Fellow GSer's,

PM me if interested

Cheers

Ty

The mrs and i have been out in the Peaks today for a little run around; i took the MCN to do some recreational reading; which i believe is allowed; it also comes in handy if your touching cloth; what with all the public bogs being shut;:D. We stopped at the toll bar chippy on the way out for fish and peas; it was all well organised; one in and one out fashion; plenty of social distancing; and good scran. The Yondermans was also open; and again ; a dozen or so bikes outside with plenty of room inbetween them; and again ; social distancing easy to obey sat at the outside tables with a brew. It seems people are trying hard to comply with whats needed in these difficult times. As for camping; i doubt that will be happening for awhile simply because of the toilet situation; but who knows.

Without wishing to sound like a Guardian reader, isn't wild camping prohibited in England & Wales but allowed in Scotland?

I’ve got to admit to going a little bit stir crazy and considering packing my hammock on my bike and just wild camping in some woods accessed by a local green lane. I can head off at about 9pm, be there as dusk arrives, hammock up in 10 minutes then sit there with a couple of cans of beer and chill out listening to the wildlife. Up at 5am and no harm done :okay

I’ve got to admit to going a little bit stir crazy and considering packing my hammock on my bike and just wild camping in some woods accessed by a local green lane. I can head off at about 9pm, be there as dusk arrives, hammock up in 10 minutes then sit there with a couple of cans of beer and chill out listening to the wildlife. Up at 5am and no harm done :okay

Respect !!!

The lakes is the uk covid hot spot , I’d stay away till lockdown release section three in July to be honest. It’s a superb place to set up camp etc and some nice roads to ride too. Great choice

Just a thought, I think the Lake District will be rammed come release. Check out the Rhinogs or Berwyns for a bit of solitude till it all calms down.

I’d avoid anywhere busy, try to stay local if possible, go out late and either bivvy or use a small dark coloured tent. I reckon if you set yourself up at dusk and get up at 5am you minimise the risk of being disturbed (shopped) by the local Stasi and there’s no harm done. My greatest concern would be dropping the bike on wet grass in the morning rather than being seen :D

Going to Wales is simply multiplying the chances of being tugged because you’ve obviously got the police watching out for dodgy looking characters but there are plenty of other places to go where you’ve not got that problem though no matter where I went I wouldn’t put pictures up on the internet :green gri

Just do it ... but FFS don't make it an open invite trip :blast

Your timing is out of kilter buddy ;)

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom