Helmet recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutty

Reaction score
Looking for the smallest helmet that still gives good protection, needs MIPS, but want something sleek that doesn’t make my head look like a mushroom, as so many helmets seem to do.

What are you lot using?

I've been looking for a simple helmet without all the exterior vents that create noise. I've just ordered one of these.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 257
Looking for the smallest helmet that still gives good protection, needs MIPS, but want something sleek that doesn’t make my head look like a mushroom, as so many helmets seem to do.

What are you lot using?

Who cares what you look like, if it protects your grey matter, is comfy to wear all day long, in the colour scheme you like/want..... the rest of it.... who cares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nutty the chaser x shell is the smallest shell I have seen, snug secure fit. Worth having a look

8f493d48f189a20dd0a1f33f17e03677.jpg

Well you won’t go far wrong getting yourself a Bell Super 3R MIPS helmet! :thumb2
Look no further. :D

The best thing apart from the MIPS side of things is that it’s 2 helmets in one. :thumb2

Full face for hooning over jumps, ROOTS and anything else adventurous but has a removable chin guard so can be used fo tarting about on fire tracks etc.... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193126882622

I got myself one for my trip to the Alps and the downhill fun. Keeps your noggin nice and cool with all the vents.

Roll up, roll up......... any more? :D:D:D

I love this place! :D:D

Well you won’t go far wrong getting yourself a Bell Super 3R MIPS helmet! :thumb2

The best thing apart from the MIPS side of things is that it’s 2 helmets in one. :thumb2

Full face for hooning over jumps, ROOTS and anything else adventurous but has a removable chin guard so can be used fo tarting about on fire tracks etc.... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193126882622

I got myself one for my trip to the Alps and the downhill fun. Keeps your noggin nice and cool with all the vents.

^ This. Brilliant and comfy mtb helmet, much much better than the giro mtb helmet I had before and which I left on the train home :blast

Cycle helmets are similar to motorcycle helmets, buy the best you can afford after doing research. Kask helmets are superb lightweight , vented ,the Kask Dieci is well good, I use one of these on the road .

That looks good, but may be overkill for my type of riding. I know you can remove the chin bar, but as I’ll never use it, don’t really want to pay extra for something that’ll be sat on the shelf all the time.

Roll up, roll up......... any more? :D:D:D

I love this place! :D:D

:D :beerjug:

Cycle helmets are similar to motorcycle helmets, buy the best you can afford after doing research. Kask helmets are superb lightweight , vented ,the Kask Dieci is well good, I use one of these on the road .

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I’m looking for an mtb helmet.

Another vote for the Bell, my helmet of choice too.
Mark

Most of the guys I ride with use Kask MTB lids. None of them have suffered brain damage yet despite chucking themselves at the ground regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What are you lot using?

Being bald is hard, anything you do accentuates it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom