Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Itís on....!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryC View Post
    Good to hear - you may be a little shocked yourself after such a day - we were talking about not bouncing so well with the accumulating years but Tom appears to have bounced back rather quickly!
    Actually, you bounce just as well, but the recovery takes considerably longer!

Sorry too hear this.Hope Tom is ok
    Keep us posted.

Tom phoned me this morning (Monday)

Says he feel great this morning.
    Was in extreme discomfort last night.
    He has already had the Garda who was on site yesterday phone him to enquire after his health.
    Tom was a little out of it to say the least yesterday.
    He only realised this morning that he had been unconcious for over 15 minutes.
    Remembers nothing of the incident whatsoever. Has has come to the conclusion that he took too many painkillers and fell asleep.

A cautionary message to us all.

it has to be said:
    I cannot be too complmetary to the Garda and medics who arrived on the scene.
    It would not have been possible for them to be more helpful or nice to everyone concerned, and I publicly thank them all for what they did.

A word of thanks also to Patrick Winters who arrived on site shortly after the incident and took great care of both myself and Tom.

Myke

Glad to hear Tom is ok today.

What a great weekend, it was my first time on a UKGSer event but will not be my last! Looking forward to next year already!

Good to hear Tom is feeling better. Fair play to all involved in helping him out.

And thanks to Jochen and co for yet another fantastic weekend - they just keep getting better and better!

Fab weekend. Some how I did 1200 Km since setting off on Friday. The weather was kind and I had great chats. Thankyou!!!!

Howís Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by Smelly Old Boots View Post
    How’s Tom?
    Decided Sunday afternoon was a good day to go biking, so left Newry and headed to Belfast/Bangor. Took the Co. Down coast road and called with Tom & Eve.
    He is limping very slightly and black and blue from shoulder to ankle on his right hand side.
    Since, like myself, he is circa 73, the bruising will be slow to heal.
    Still mad as a March hare, and in very good form. He has now decided on the same course of action as I made earlier in the year: thus, the bike (in his case Pan European) is getting heavier every year, and it's time to change for something lighter.
    He spent an hour on my X-ADV, bought because it was in the showroom with circa 800km on it, and thinks probably an NC750-X DCT might be an easy to ride bike.
    After I left him, I rode on down the coast to Portaferry, crossed on it, and on to visit another biker friend, Phil Lunney in Ballyhornan, before heading for home.
    Nice day out.

Good man Myke. Glad he is ok (ish)

Now, in other news, would you ever soften up your suspension and stop giving out itís too hard!

I really liked your bike. A scoot with those tyres. Looks a hoot!

Was talking to my brother this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Smelly Old Boots View Post
    Howís Tom?
    He was a marshal at a motocross event on Saturday past.
    Tom was competing!
    Told you he is as mad as a march Hare!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213