It’s on....!

Having weighed it up carefully over many days.

Including the best guess regarding Armageddon & beyond.

Factoring in my advanced years & frail constitution.

& the fact that my youngest machine is 13 years old.

There was really only one sane decision that could be regretfully be made.

I booked a room. :aidan

Having weighed it up carefully over many days.

Including the best guess regarding Armageddon & beyond.

Factoring in my advanced years & frail constitution.

& the fact that my youngest machine is 13 years old.

There was really only one sane decision that could be regretfully be made.

I booked a room. :aidan
Any chance you can get Tom or Kevin to make a trip Gerry?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hotel website shows no availability left for that weekend. Didnt make last years as was away on 2 wheels. Email sent to hotel begging forgiveness for missing last year and acknowledging special permission received from on high to attend this year, will even accept a broom closet....but it better be a big one.

Hotel website shows no availability left for that weekend. Didnt make last years as was away on 2 wheels. Email sent to hotel begging forgiveness for missing last year and acknowledging special permission received from on high to attend this year, will even accept a broom closet....but it better be a big one.

I was too late to book the hotel last year but I found a lovely 2 bedroom apartment on air b&b about 10/15 minutes walk from the hotel. I posted the spare room on this forum and it was taken, no problem. I paid for my evening meals at the hotel, which were very reasonable and the whole thing didn’t work out much more than staying in the hotel.
:beerjug:

All 43 pre reserved rooms now gone - I am on a reserve list

He who hesitates .........................

Maybe just go to France etc instead ????

(small sniff)

Hmm ..................., I can't quite balance 43 ROOMS , and the attendee list ...... ahh well , I assume they CAN count ???

Hmm ..................., I can't quite balance 43 ROOMS , and the attendee list ...... ahh well , I assume they CAN count ???

Yeah, I thought the same when I got the reply from Agnes this morning. Allocated 43 rooms... all gone, yet when you look at the confirmed attendees.... I was never great at maths but dont seem to be anywhere near 43 confirmed.
Decided to cross my fingers and toes and hope for the best that a room opens up as Covid restrictions relax.

Yeah, I thought the same when I got the reply from Agnes this morning. Allocated 43 rooms... all gone, yet when you look at the confirmed attendees.... I was never great at maths but dont seem to be anywhere near 43 confirmed.
Decided to cross my fingers and toes and hope for the best that a room opens up as Covid restrictions relax.

The hotel isn't exclusive to UKGSer. Last year (and the year before) there were many other guests booked in.

Hi all

Thats Mairead and myself booked, will see you all there.

Cheers Davey

The hotel isn't exclusive to UKGSer. Last year (and the year before) there were many other guests booked in.

This is NOT relevant. The mail I got from the hotel stated quite clearly that 43 ROOMS had been allocated to GSer event (ROOMS , note , not "spaces") . I have no idea how many rooms the hotel has , that's not relevant either !!!:blast

Relax lads, it’s not a conspiracy :rolleyes:

I booked 38 rooms, based on previous attendance, and in normal times that would have been enough. But nobody wants to share this year so, other than the couples, almost all the bookings are for single rooms. Not great for the hotel but them’s the times we live in. As we get closer to Sept things might improve enough for some people to reconsider sharing

On top of that you haven’t counted the people who booked last year but haven’t posted on the thread. Nor the people who are precious about their privacy & will have booked without anyone knowing they are coming until they appear.

Booking.com shows availability in at least 3 places within a very short stroll which might suit. Then all you have to do is book dinner in the hotel. Job done :thumb :D

Relax lads, it’s not a conspiracy :rolleyes:

I booked 38 rooms, based on previous attendance, and in normal times that would have been enough. But nobody wants to share this year so, other than the couples, almost all the bookings are for single rooms. Not great for the hotel but them’s the times we live in. As we get closer to Sept things might improve enough for some people to reconsider sharing

On top of that you haven’t counted the people who booked last year but haven’t posted on the thread. Nor the people who are precious about their privacy & will have booked without anyone knowing they are coming until they appear.

Booking.com shows availability in at least 3 places within a very short stroll which might suit. Then all you have to do is book dinner in the hotel. Job done :thumb :D

Lads I'm happy to share. Now, whether you are happy to share with me is another matter! I've been alllocated a single room but can check with Agnes if anyone is interested. And yes, after a days riding my boots are smelly but the rest of me is not lol.

Lads I'm happy to share. Now, whether you are happy to share with me is another matter! I've been alllocated a single room but can check with Agnes if anyone is interested. And yes, after a days riding my boots are smelly but the rest of me is not lol.

Ta , but I am looking space for two in a twin room (implication being there are actually no twin rooms left !) not losing sleep over it , plenty of time left yet - cheers Alan.

Me also booked single but might be persuaded to share - a picture of her would assist on confirmation. :aidan

Still a long way out & Covid considerations (like investment decisions) are open to the "rates may fall as well as rise" caution - or is it the other way around? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom