It’s on....!

I am booked in next door at Portfin B&B. Could i be added to the saturday night dinner in the hotel please?

Is the 14 day quarantine for people entering Ireland still in force? Might make my long weekend away a bit tricky ....
Officially, yes. But a member of this parish arrived into Dublin port yesterday morning, on the same boat as 2 other UK registered bikes & numerous cars, and he wasn't even stopped never mind asked about quarantining. Plus we're getting plane loads of Merkins in on a daily basis apparently :blast

Paid a visit to Leenane Last week for a few days...good weather was had.
Took this bit of video which shows the area for those who have not been there before

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sx7pSG49U3U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Set YouTube quality settings to highest
https://youtu.be/sx7pSG49U3U

It's gone now

but this rather ambiguous sign used to be on the building adjacent to the river, before the bridge collapsed and took it away.

Attachments

• Grammar3.jpg
    Grammar3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 188
Is the 14 day quarantine for people entering Ireland still in force? Might make my long weekend away a bit tricky ....

Frank McNally’s take on Mary Kenny’s dilemma on visiting Roscommon (An Irishman’s diary - Irish Times 15/7/20) based on Percy French’s Mountains of Mourne: -
Oh Mary in London has a terrible plight
There’s people there flying by day and by night
They’re still partly locked down, the Covid’s not beat
But there’s gangs of them flocking to Spain for the heat
So what about Ireland? She asked, and was told
That coming here anytime soon would be bold
Till the curve it was flattened, she better not be
Where the hills of Roscommon sweep down to Lough Ree.

I believe that when Tweetin’ a wish she expressed
To know how the fine tourists in Dublin were addressed
Well would she believe, as decreed by the Dáil
They don’t get to leave their addresses at all
Mind you we’ve met some ourselves and could not in truth
Say if they were staying in Muff or Maynooth
Don’t go starting them fashions now Mary Machree
Where the hills of Roscommon roll down to Lough Ree

Oh there’s beautiful sights here now never you mind
Beautiful scenery you’d nowhere else find
Lovely arrangements of blue and of green
But none of them visible pre-quarantine
And if those requirements you ventured to skip
Well you know that both Twitter and Facebook would flip
Better to travel to France, Spain or – yes – Ita-lee
Than to County Roscommon and lovely Lough Ree

You remember young Michael O’Martin, of course
Well he’s over here now at the head of the force
I heard him one day as he took a firm stand
He stopped just short of saying that Brits were all banned
And as he was talking on Leinster house lawn
Even Leo Varadkar could only look on
But for all his great power he’ wishful like me
That you stay where you are till the World’s Covid-free

Also in today's Irish Times

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).jpg
    Screenshot (19).jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 184
Officially, yes. But a member of this parish arrived into Dublin port yesterday morning, on the same boat as 2 other UK registered bikes & numerous cars, and he wasn't even stopped never mind asked about quarantining. Plus we're getting plane loads of Merkins in on a daily basis apparently :blast

Cheers Jochen. Jane and I will be flying in to Knock and hiring a car (I’m not fit to ride following my impromptu flying experience in January).

just to update jochs post about the quarantine

i arrived into ireland via belfast not because of the republic quarantine but due to the fact that the welsh hadnt lifted their travel restrictions at that time (i was planning on travelling two weeks ago)

there is NO restriction or check and youd be surprised to see psni or gardai anywhere but towns

so started in belfast - apart from a squeaky moment out of the port following a truck who stopped at security and was asked for papers me and the other bike who was with me carried on

according to rte and gov.ie over the weekend the quarantine was due to end on july 20th - but thats been changed to this is the list of countries you can go to its also mainly for flights

i travelled through dublin port yesterday and noone took any notice

its gonna be august 10th now

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/travel.html - this was monday but it will change

i think itll be ok by september - now the welsh have dropped travel rules the irish ones will end soon also (for us anyway)

Good turn out on the roll call. I’m looking forward to it.

Will there be Ukgser masks?

Can anyone get material printed?

My mammy could stitch for the Ross nugent foundation...

Just throwing it out there?! Anyone interested?

Travelling From the UK to Ireland - Quarantine

In preparation for my annual trip to the beautiful Leenane I did a little research last night on both UK and Irish government websites. My reading is were I to travel by any other way to Ireland except from Northern Ireland I would have to quarantine. NI is the exception but strictly although I would be travelling from Northern Ireland, by getting the ferry to Belfast from Cairnryan, in reality I am coming from England and therefore not on Ireland's Green List.

Having tried to abide by the rules up to now and not wanting to be the originator of a spike in Ireland I don't, in all honesty, feel it would be right for me to avail of the get out excuse that I came from Northern Ireland and don't have to quarantine.

Dá bhrí sin (therefore) it looks like i will have to cancel :blast:blast:blast but I'll hang on ever hopeful that things might change (though with the idiots in charge over here that increasingly seems like a long shot:augie:augie:augie).

Back
Top Bottom