NI to Ireland.....

There is an anomaly in the regulations in which he Republic of Ireland. They don’t apply to people from outside the jurisdiction. Seriously. JJH
Which I still can't get my head around......to be honest.

Yellow reg.........."turn around and go home please sir"

I can't see a problem with that.......while our restrictions are in place, I can't see anyone taking offense to it.

from my G8 ThinQ

I'm surprised at the casual nature of the "Yes" responses.

There is an anomaly in the regulations in which he Republic of Ireland. They don’t apply to people from outside the jurisdiction. Seriously.

I should point out at this stage lads that I am a truck driver delivering (amongst other things) foodstuffs, pharma and beer so am classed as a key worker and therefore not bound by stringent regulation which might help explain my unhindered border crossings.

As you were.......

I can't see a problem with that.......while our restrictions are in place, I can't see anyone taking offense to it.
The cops can’t do that because the rules didn’t include people resisting outside the state. Whatever about the political aspects it would make sense to have an all Ireland zone or common area with similar rules to help combat the virus. Was something like that done or tried during the foot and mouse? JJH

I should point out at this stage lads that I am a truck driver delivering (amongst other things) foodstuffs, pharma and beer so am classed as a key worker and therefore not bound by stringent regulation which might help explain my unhindered border crossings.

As you were.......
I have zero problem with people travelling down for professional reasons if the sector they work in is allowed at the time in our regulations.......but day trippers and people coming in to stay longer for leisure reasons............on yer bike chief!!.....turn around and head back from whence you came!!!

from my G8 ThinQ

What about people like me ? I live & work in the UK & have never lived in the Free State but I have always an Irish passport. Whenever I've flown into Dublin airport I'm always greeted with a lovely 'Welcome home' at passport control which makes me smile, feel warm inside & loved by someone, if only briefly.
As an Irish citizen wanting to come to Ireland would I be welcome or would I be told 'On yer bike chief'?

What about people like me ? I live & work in the UK & have never lived in the Free State but I have always an Irish passport. Whenever I've flown into Dublin airport I'm always greeted with a lovely 'Welcome home' at passport control which makes me smile, feel warm inside & loved by someone, if only briefly.
As an Irish citizen wanting to come to Ireland would I be welcome or would I be told 'On yer bike chief'?
It’s not where you are a citizen of. It’s where you actually live. Has Boris a shock in store for you? As a non citizen of the UK JJH

At the moment Tommy, if you reside in the UK (if I was in charge)...... "on your bike chief"

Don't take it personally, it's got nothing to do with the passport you hold....or your accent......or if you like riverdance.......or if you know what coddle is.......or if you're good with a hurl.......or if you have any amazing ability for downing Guinness.

from my G8 ThinQ

While there are freedom of movement restrictions in place for people who reside here........where is the logic for letting people in who don't reside here to freely move about?

from my G8 ThinQ

At the moment Tommy, if you reside in the UK (if I was in charge)...... "on your bike chief"

Don't take it personally, it's got nothing to do with the passport you hold....or your accent......or if you like riverdance.......or if you know what coddle is.......or if you're good with a hurl.......or if you have any amazing ability for downing Guinness.

from my G8 ThinQ

Unwanted by my country of birth, unloved by my country of Citizenship, despised by my comrades. :crossbone

Unwanted by my country of birth, unloved by my country of Citizenship, despised by my comrades. :crossbone
Ya poor fecker..........c'mere and I'll give you a hug!!!

Oh wait........damn.....

Cead mile failte (usually)

from my G8 ThinQ

Last edited:
Whatever about the political aspects it would make sense to have an all Ireland zone or common area with similar rules to help combat the virus. Was something like that done or tried during the foot and mouth?

You are correct that that was the case in 2001 JJH and no-one in a position of power has given a satisfactory explanation as to why it has not happened now.

While there are freedom of movement restrictions in place for people who reside here........where is the logic for letting people in who don't reside here to freely move about?

Or for people going north for cheap beer and biccies. Supermarkets in the border areas are full of southern motors. Plenty of folks are willing to take the chance and sure in fairness there are feck all checkpoints anyway.

You are correct that that was the case in 2001 JJH and no-one in a position of power has given a satisfactory explanation as to why it has not happened now.

Because animals have a monetary value to those in charge, I suspect people have little or no value.....Saying that, I was surprised to learn that the USA actually value a human life at between 9-18 million officially, this was to stop the automotive industry making automobiles that killed people I understand.

Or for people going north for cheap beer and biccies. Supermarkets in the border areas are full of southern motors. Plenty of folks are willing to take the chance and sure in fairness there are feck all checkpoints anyway.
Absafuckinlutely it should work both ways.

from my G8 ThinQ

Well, after 2 days and 2 text messages she finally gets back to me this afternoon, to tell me that there is a 5KM zone operating in Ireland, so I have just text her to let her know that I am exempt because the company and materials that we supply are used in the fight against Covid…..I can hear the cogs in her mind grinding now.....She really does not want to give up her address.
I am going to suggest she takes the parcel to the local Police station and I shall collect it myself, if they are willing to do this.

Ok, so let me get this right.
A mentally unstable woman is going to drop a package off at a police station after being asked to by a man see doesn't know and never met.
I can just imagine the conversation with the officer on the gate.
:popcorn :D

Well, after 2 days and 2 text messages she finally gets back to me this afternoon, to tell me that there is a 5KM zone operating in Ireland, so I have just text her to let her know that I am exempt because the company and materials that we supply are used in the fight against Covid…..I can hear the cogs in her mind grinding now.....She really does not want to give up her address.
I am going to suggest she takes the parcel to the local Police station and I shall collect it myself, if they are willing to do this.

Not wanting to hijack thread, just want to give Tommy some solace... you're not the only one to feel this way;)

Attachments

• IMG_2293.jpg
    IMG_2293.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 160
I did wonder if getting Gardai involved might be a solution. I hear they are doing great community work for vulnerable residents - in some areas at least. But usually the deliveries are to the resident, not from.
Do you know what town she's in yet? Maybe you, or a local from here, could meet her at the Garda stn to take possession.

She has now offered to get the package couriered by fastway to an address in Ireland and said that it is a drop off service with no signature....Now, bearing in mind it is nearly a grands worth of materials and weighing 11K....What do youse reckon?

Back
Top Bottom