NI to Ireland.....

JuanKing

Reaction score
...Would someone be able to tell me, can you still drive unhindered over the border from NI to Ireland during this mild bout of paranoia/virus thingy?

But please don't

from my G8 ThinQ

:D I am trying to rescue some hand hygiene training materials that were sent to Ireland when they should have been going to Denmark! Fed Ex are worse than useless and the lady in Ireland still has the package in her shed nearly three weeks later!

I am contemplating in getting the media involved as it is a good human interest story, as the lady in Ireland also works on a Covid ward!

You will have absolutely no problem with that journey.

All the logistics companies seem to be in a state of disarray at the moment..........they are swamped.

from my G8 ThinQ

Do you want a letter on my "I'm the Boss" headed paper??

from my G8 ThinQ

Get in contact with..

BravoCharlieTango

(bikers coming through)

on the Facebook.

They might be able to help you.

from my G8 ThinQ

...Would someone be able to tell me, can you still drive unhindered over the border from NI to Ireland during this mild bout of paranoia/virus thingy?

In short Yes you can.

Over the Easter weekend and the recent bank holidays there were many checkpoints on the border but all are gone again. I cross the border at least six times every day so know the score.

EDIT. Where is the package now Dave? I'm happy to meet someone, bring it north and post it across to you. Depending on my whereabouts as you know what the trucking life is like.

Many thanks to you all.
I have yet to find the address it is at, the lady who has it will not give me her address and Fed Ex don`t have it! I need fed ex to call her, I have given them her number, but it seems Fed ex call one attempt at contact good enough!

I need to get her address before I can do anything....She did tell me she was right in the centre of Ireland, but that was as far as she would go....I like a challenge:D

When I get an address I will hopefully be able to ask for some help.

Thanks again, it is much appreciated.:beerjug:

JuanKing said:
She did tell me she was right in the centre of Ireland, but that was as far as she would go....

Athlone is said to be right in the centre of the country.

I'm surprised at the casual nature of the "Yes" responses.
The govt. regulations in ROI are still "Stay at home if possible" and a 5km journey limit applies to social and excercise activity.
I doubt you will stopped by Gardai and even less likely you will turned back - esp. on a PPE delivery mission.

Finding someone local to take possession of the item would be a good first step. Then to avoid the inconvenience of collection by courier: many Centra supermarkets accept parcels on DPD's behalf.

Athlone is said to be right in the centre of the country.

I didn`t quite catch the name of the place, but it did start with an 'A'.....So you could be onto something there! I did text her today very politely, as she was not best pleased when I last spoke with her, so I am going to gently coax her address from her, I have never been a position like this before, but she was going to report me to the Police and data protection authorities for sending her the package, until I asked her to retrieve the invoice and read the delivery address, then she realised I did not have her details and it was indeed a mistake made by Fed Ex....Really strange!

Can I ask her reason for not giving you her address??

Obviously she knows the package is not for her and that you are only trying to get out of a bind.
And given what the goods are and her profession....... I'm baffled!!

from my G8 ThinQ

If we can get possession of it.....and it's not too large/heavy, it will only cost about €15 - €20 to get it over to the UK for you (using ParcelMotel)

from my G8 ThinQ

Can I ask her reason for not giving you her address??

Obviously she knows the package is not for her and that you are only trying to get out of a bind.
And given what the goods are and her profession....... I'm baffled!!

from my G8 ThinQ

It was as though she was in a witness protection scheme or hiding from others.....I have never had a conversation quite like it, she was properly all over the place and sounded very frightened to me, threatening me with all the authorities she could think of and all this because she thought I had her address!
I called Fed Ex to tell them of this, because she was so, in my opinion, mentally disturbed, just so they would not make a balls up of it all and to treat her gently.....I am assuming that working on a Covid ward at that time(she kept telling me that) has affected her adversely, another reason why I wanted fed ex to resolve this quickly, because of her situation.
Anyways, it is what it is and I like a difficult one.....I will get there.

It is all a bit weird though!

There is an anomaly in the regulations in which he Republic of Ireland. They don’t apply to people from outside the jurisdiction. Seriously. JJH

Back
Top Bottom