NI to Ireland.....

If you want......give her my number......she can have all the identification she wants from me in advance and I'll meet her at a place of her choosing. I never need to know her address.
She can put the package on the ground a safe distance from me and walk away.

Meself and yourself can sort the rest out between us.

Put that to her and PM me if you need to get the ball rolling.

You could also have it sent to my home address.......the wife is working from home and will pretty much be at home 24/7.

There will be no worthwhile insurance on your goods with Fastway and from experience, there is no guarantee what day (never mind a time slot) your package will be delivered.

All the courier firms are upside down at the moment........and loosing parcels left, right and centre.

from my G8 ThinQ

Can I prefix all of the above with.....

"as long as it's not a box of heroin"

from my G8 ThinQ

An Garda Siochana would probably help you with this.......given the nature of the goods, as one of the lad's has mentioned a few posts back.........they are doing great work in the community at the moment.

from my G8 ThinQ

A great thread...

A mad woman

An 11 kg parcel

Rural Ireland

DHL

The Garda

Border checkpoints

Social distancing

Variations in movements

The colour of number plates

Secretive (or public) hangovers

The value of humans

American car design

The artist formerly known as att

All mixed in together

:aidan

A great thread...

A mad woman

An 11 kg parcel

Rural Ireland

DHL

The Garda

Border checkpoints

Social distancing

Variations in movements

The value of humans

American car design

All mixed in together

Now , where else would you get it, good theme for a short film:p

Indeed Wapping, a great thread and the best people you could really wish for. Just goes to show that large faceless corporations(Fed Ex) are nothing compared to helpful, determined and caring people, we really can get anything done when we work together and the help I have received here has been most humbling and restorative.

Once this virus thingy is back in it`s bed and we are able to mix again, I think I will have to go to an event in the Emerald Isle and meet the people who have been so helpful, it will be nice to put faces to names and hear their voices and just say "thankyou".

I was properly overwhelmed with the help I have received and my thanks will be eternal.

A great thread...

A mad woman

An 11 kg parcel

Rural Ireland

DHL

The Garda

Border checkpoints

Social distancing

Variations in movements

The value of humans

American car design

All mixed in together

Matt Damon could play the lead...... with his supervalu bag.

And the package arrived intact and all goods present, with thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions, but especially to Cheiftain who went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure it was as it should have been, the glitch in the Matrix was resolved by him and the people that want their goods shall receive them next week.

A quite incredible outcome that a large global corporation was not able to resolve.

The drinks are on me in September:beerjug:

You’re very welcome Sir. Looking forward to meeting you in September. :thumb2

I think you should invite the Nice Lady for drinks as well, for all her trouble.

And the package arrived intact and all goods present, with thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions, but especially to Cheiftain who went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure it was as it should have been, the glitch in the Matrix was resolved by him and the people that want their goods shall receive them next week.

A quite incredible outcome that a large global corporation was not able to resolve.

The drinks are on me in September:beerjug:

All's well that ends well.

Hurrah, result! So what happened? It's like finding the final page missing from a book.
Garda stn rendezvous?, collection from the shed monitored by eyes behind the net curtain?, or my own prediction: a lengthy chat and offers of tea and scones?

PS Would need to check with the people of Dalkey first to see if they'll allow access to Matt Damon.

Last edited:
.... and as it happens I've had a parcel delivered to me by DPD that I am trying to get back to the rightful owner. I can just see the guys name under a sticker with my name and address slapped on top. It's not easy...

Back
Top Bottom