So called premium product!

iandavid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took my brand new Supersport S out yesterday. Rode 200 miles and once home noticed oil all over rhs of bike and on back wheel. Dealer collecting today. :mad:

had a guzzi delivered , that did the same thing but within 5 miles , someone failed to install the seal in the drive box , as in not there .

The usual problem with crankcase breathers is the pipe being trapped causing the crank cases to pressurise and try to blow oil out at the weakest point. On a brand new bike spewing oil my first thoughts would be towards looking under the fuel tank for a trapped pipe after cack handed workshop monkeys had put the bike together in a rush.

Well bike repaired by Ducati Leeds. Rode the 50 miles home and guess what, oil all over the back of the bike. Going to give them one more chance then I will reject the bike, not sure how I go about that yet. Not at all happy.

Well bike repaired by Ducati Leeds. Rode the 50 miles home and guess what, oil all over the back of the bike. Going to give them one more chance then I will reject the bike, not sure how I go about that yet. Not at all happy.

I was never 100% happy with that 'crankcase breather' diagnosis, but WTF do I know ??.....

FWIW, you have my sincere sympathy.

I was in the same position a few years ago. Brand new Triumph Speed Triple spewing water seconds after I got it and I had to deal with a truly useless dealer, funnily enough (not really) Triumph Leeds.

I'm guessing Ducati Leeds is that place in Shipley? Have they been OK (apart from not being able to fix your brand new Ducati :blast) ??

I was never 100% happy with that 'crankcase breather' diagnosis, but WTF do I know ??.....

FWIW, you have my sincere sympathy.

I was in the same position a few years ago. Brand new Triumph Speed Triple spewing water seconds after I got it and I had to deal with a truly useless dealer, funnily enough (not really) Triumph Leeds.

I'm guessing Ducati Leeds is that place in Shipley? Have they been OK (apart from not being able to fix your brand new Ducati :blast) ??

Yes that's the dealer. The sales side were great but service - OMG.

Crikey, what's so difficult about a crankcase breather for Ducati to sort?

Well oil leak fixed, but now the kill switch has packed up so dealer can't start the bike. Part on order. WTF is wrong with the brand. Does anyone have a contact at Ducati UK that I can write to.

Well oil leak fixed, but now the kill switch has packed up so dealer can't start the bike. Part on order. WTF is wrong with the brand. Does anyone have a contact at Ducati UK that I can write to.

Try them on Twitter

Well bike will be delivered back tomorrow. New rear tyre, 1st service foc and a £100 goodwill voucher from Ducati UK. So not to bad in the end.

Well bike will be delivered back tomorrow. New rear tyre, 1st service foc and a £100 goodwill voucher from Ducati UK. So not to bad in the end.

I hope all goes well tomorrow....Please keep us up to speed with how it all goes....:)

Back
Top Bottom