Mesh ?

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
I see that Sena have just brought out a 50s/r and have always wondered what exactly is Mesh ? Apparently the 30k has it but I've never understood what it was and having had a couple of 10u's and now have two 20s's would an upgrade be worth while.

So what does this Mesh do that's different from what I get on my 20s ?

I see that Sena have just brought out a 50s/r and have always wondered what exactly is Mesh ? Apparently the 30k has it but I've never understood what it was and having had a couple of 10u's and now have two 20s's would an upgrade be worth while.

So what does this Mesh do that's different from what I get on my 20s ?

More money ;)

better battery life, and mesh, thats about it..

best bet head over to Sena's website, and watch the mesh video's

they explain it better than i can

I have the 30K cant see any huge reason to spunk another £300 on a 50

I’ve got a duel 30K and it’s driving me nuts. You can create a mesh and talk to loads of other bikes who are out with you. Sena just sent me a replacement because voice commands don’t work. I’ve just ( today) opened the box, can’t get it to work... so if anyone knows what I’m doing wrong, please tell me. This is my 4th one!

My understanding is that mesh is a miniaturised low power digital radio transmitter/receiver. It is not a new flavour of bluetooth.

As a radio network with multiple folk on the same frequency it has a longer range than BT.

Maybe someone will correct me.

Will it drop out when a rider connected round a corner ?

In the Alps for example, will other rider still be able to communicate ?

Range is further, but does that mean line of sight more or less what I have or can they be in another valley for example (a bit of an extreme example granted)

Mesh is a great idea. It basically uses the nearest node (your mate a few hundred metres in front/behind) as it's relay point - effectively using the other riders to shorten the connection distance.

The old alternative was that your unit would need to reach entirely all the way to whoever you were speaking to in your group. ToSo if you're the last person in a group, say 5 riders, then your unit would have to speak directly to the front guy when trying to speak to him/her. And that ain't so easy when geography and a long train of you is considered.

With mesh, your comms with the front guy would be shuffled along via the shortest stepping stones (your mates in between). This means it's using each of the other riders units as little relay stations. The software probably works out the most expedient connection, but in principle, that's it.

Not sure if I explained it well?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mesh is a great idea. It basically uses the nearest node (your mate a few hundred metres in front/behind) as it's relay point - effectively using the other riders to shorten the connection distance.

The old alternative was that your unit would need to reach entirely all the way to whoever you were speaking to in your group. ToSo if you're the last person in a group, say 5 riders, then your unit would have to speak directly to the front guy when trying to speak to him/her. And that ain't so easy when geography and a long train of you is considered.

With mesh, your comms with the front guy would be shuffled along via the shortest stepping stones (your mates in between). This means it's using each of the other riders units as little relay stations. The software probably works out the most expedient connection, but in principle, that's it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I’ve got a duel 30K and it’s driving me nuts. You can create a mesh and talk to loads of other bikes who are out with you. Sena just sent me a replacement because voice commands don’t work. I’ve just ( today) opened the box, can’t get it to work... so if anyone knows what I’m doing wrong, please tell me. This is my 4th one!

First off, enable voice command's (i knpw it says its always listening lol) ,but if you log into the app you can check its configured .

And use the right wake up command its "Hello Sena" pronounced Se na not Sena as in Ayrton Sena. Hi or hey Sena dont work either (DAMHIK) :blast

Yep I understand that perfectly, thank you.

Stuart - it's only of any use if you have friends ...... :D:D

Only kidding :beerjug:

Bob, there is a very good reason why I choose to ride alone or with only or possibly two others, seen enough carnage and fatalities to last a lifetime, as for friends, we all know that everyone only has two or three real friends, the rest are just associates. ;)

Bob, there is a very good reason why I choose to ride alone or with only or possibly two others, seen enough carnage and fatalities to last a lifetime, as for friends, we all know that everyone only has two or three real friends, the rest are just associates. ;)

:okay:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom