Upgrade Interphone speakers

Nutty

Reaction score
I’m sure I read on here a while back, that someone upgraded the helmet speakers for their Interphone intercom. I’m not talking about the Shoei kit, but they were some generic speakers, that gave a much better quality sound, especially at high speed.

Anyone got any pointers? I’m expecting the usual knobheads to chime in with their poor attempt at humour, but will obviously ignore that. :rolleyes:

Nutty
If is has a standard headphone jack then maybe take a look at the JBL speakers. They are designed for the Cardo Scala Packtalk but they will work with anything (I tested them on my iPhone before fitting). I feel that they are a good improvement on standard on my Packtalk.

Nutty
If is has a standard headphone jack then maybe take a look at the JBL speakers. They are designed for the Cardo Scala Packtalk but they will work with anything (I tested them on my iPhone before fitting). I feel that they are a good improvement on standard on my Packtalk.

Do the jbl speakers come pre wired ?

Nutty

Yep, standard headphone jack, IIRC. Have you got a link to the JBL’s?

It's a bit of marketing patter. Basically when you buy them there is a QR code on the box which you use to unlock a firmware upgrade on the Cardo Packtalk which adds a graphic equaliser bit in Cardo app.

I tried them before and after the app upgrade and did not notice any difference. In short they are bigger and louder than the standard speakers. The standard ones aren't bad but these are better. Whether they are £70 better is down to personal opinion. I'm happy with the upgrade.
I plugged them into my iPhone and they worked fine so will work on other devices.

There are probably plenty of other options out there.

There is another speaker thats meant to be the mutz,

the name escapes me, but i'll go digging ;)

Found it :)

Tork Xpro

https://www.torkworld.com/

mixed reviews as you would expect ;)

I read a thread of another forum about improving the sound quality of headphone speakers

Basic ones are piezio electric, which offer reasonable performance

moving up they go through various iterations ending up with the the type you get in mid to high end over ear headphones

Sony , JBL etc..

Basically you buy a cheap pair of overear headphones with a max driver size of 30mm or so (i need to find the article to confirm)

you destroy the headphones to get the two drivers out.

you wire these drivers to either

The existing harnesses from your Sena or Cardo, or make your own terminating in a 3.5mm stereo jack plug

you fit these speakers into your helmet (some widening of the current aperture may be required)

on the plus side sound quality and volume levels are increased due to the bigger driver

On the negative side, battery life can be shortened by having to power a bigger driver

It was youtube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9QpgDCYyRcY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's a bit of marketing patter. Basically when you buy them there is a QR code on the box which you use to unlock a firmware upgrade on the Cardo Packtalk which adds a graphic equaliser bit in Cardo app.

I tried them before and after the app upgrade and did not notice any difference. In short they are bigger and louder than the standard speakers. The standard ones aren't bad but these are better. Whether they are £70 better is down to personal opinion. I'm happy with the upgrade.
I plugged them into my iPhone and they worked fine so will work on other devices.

There are probably plenty of other options out there.

Cheers Neil, I may order some of those from somewhere with a good returns policy, and give them a try. :thumb :D

There is another speaker thats meant to be the mutz,

the name escapes me, but i'll go digging ;)

Tork Xpro

https://www.torkworld.com/

mixed reviews as you would expect ;)

I read a thread of another forum about improving the sound quality of headphone speakers

Basic ones are piezio electric, which offer reasonable performance

moving up they go through various iterations ending up with the the type you get in mid to high end over ear headphones

Sony , JBL etc..

Basically you buy a cheap pair of overear headphones with a max driver size of 30mm or so (i need to find the article to confirm)

you destroy the headphones to get the two drivers out.

you wire these drivers to either

The existing harnesses from your Sena or Cardo, or make your own terminating in a 3.5mm stereo jack plug

you fit these speakers into your helmet (some widening of the current aperture may be required)

on the plus side sound quality and volume levels are increased due to the bigger driver

On the negative side, battery life can be shortened by having to power a bigger driver

It was youtube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9QpgDCYyRcY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’m pretty sure those were the ones, cheers Mart. Ditto above, but see that they are from the US. That gives me something to work with though. :thumb

I upgraded to Iasus speakers for my Sena. Probably better but at 70mph with earplugs, not sure you'd tell the difference. However they were not cheap so I am convinced they're fantastic...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ta. I’m slightly concerned as it says the software and firmware is optimised for the Cardo units, so may not work with my Interphone. :nenau

I’m sure there was another more generic option posted here a while back.

Dude, if you do get the JBL (speakers will work with anything, but they come with software upgrade for packtalk, hence ‘optimised’’) I’ll happily pay you for the JBL software side of the package, I’m using moulded plugs, don’t need the speakers, but would like to have the upgrade software on my packtalk. Could make them a more attractive Price for you :thumb2

Dude, if you do get the JBL (speakers will work with anything, but they come with software upgrade for packtalk, hence ‘optimised’’) I’ll happily pay you for the JBL software side of the package, I’m using moulded plugs, don’t need the speakers, but would like to have the upgrade software on my packtalk. Could make them a more attractive Price for you :thumb2

Cheers Phil, but I’ve ordered the updated Shoei Interphone speaker kit to try first, as it worked out cheaper, and come with free returns, so it’s a good starting point. If it’s no good and I go down the JBL route, I’ll let you know.:thumb

i have the uprated shoei interphone speakers and they are very very good,my recently aquired pack talk bold with the jbl upgade speakers are poor,distort and have poor bass,the interphone upgrade kit is awsome in comparison,and yes i have fiddled with the packtalk bold app and settings and its still very dissapointing,

Tested the new speakers yesterday, and they are loads better. Up to, and maybe slightly over :)augie) legal speeds, everything was crystal clear.

Interphone must have had a faulty batch last year, as the two sets I tried at Infinity both had terrible distortion with bass, but that seems to have been sorted now.

Speakers

i have the uprated shoei interphone speakers and they are very very good,my recently aquired pack talk bold with the jbl upgade speakers are poor,distort and have poor bass,the interphone upgrade kit is awsome in comparison,and yes i have fiddled with the packtalk bold app and settings and its still very dissapointing,

Hi, do you use them in a Shoei helmet? And do you think they would adapt in an Arai helmet?

Cheers

Hi, do you use them in a Shoei helmet? And do you think they would adapt in an Arai helmet?

Cheers

If the ARAI has cut outs for speakers, there are large plastic tabs on the pro speakers, so you may need to use some additional tape to hold them in place.

Helpful; thread this as I need to change my Interphone speakers - absolutely garbage.

So are you using interphone upgrade kit with your palktalk and they are compatible

Back
Top Bottom