Ripped off by Carole Nash

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bloody outrageous, added an 1150ADV (value £4.5k) to my multi bike insurance policy and they've fleeced me of £25.63 for the privilege.

How do they get away with it... My spleen is bursting and my piss has evaporated after boiling at such a high temperature.

I'm now off out for a ride on it to calm me down and get an mot. .

Carole Nash

Neil

I am feeling a little less benevolent towards Carole Nash...despite having free money for the past two months whilst most bikes have been unused, they have added £50 to my renewal costs.(No claims, or convictions). This at a time when Admiral is handing back money to customers!

So reluctantly looking for alternative providers....

I have been with carole nash for many years,
This years renewal was £500, r9t and vespa gts,
Went on comparison site and new quote with them £370,
Exact same cover elsewhere on 2 policies one without ncb inc europe, £220 for both,
I dont need their breakdown cover,
not one for chasing cheapest price but just reched a point,

I am feeling a little less benevolent towards Carole Nash...despite having free money for the past two months whilst most bikes have been unused, they have added £50 to my renewal costs.(No claims, or convictions). This at a time when Admiral is handing back money to customers!

Carole Nash = broker, they don't set the premium (see below), only the amount of commission they can play with.
Admiral = Insurer (Underwriter) they set the premium and you deal with them direct, not through a broker (see above). Are they insuring bikes now?

Bloody outrageous, added an 1150ADV (value £4.5k) to my multi bike insurance policy and they've fleeced me of £25.63 for the privilege.

That's almost three pints. Unacceptable. :D

Rang up MCE to quote for an additional DRZ (2.5k) on my multi bike policy. 180 extra. Meh. Can do. :D

Carole Nash = broker, they don't set the premium (see below), only the amount of commission they can play with.
Admiral = Insurer (Underwriter) they set the premium and you deal with them direct, not through a broker (see above). Are they insuring bikes now?

Chas: I appreciate Nash is a broker... it as a major force in the Moto insurance market, they have missed a trick in not pressuring the insurers (who have had a massive windfall from all our grounded vehicles) to contain their premiums.

Afaik Admiral just do cars...but I have had £100 back (for the 4 cars insured)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn Carole Gash, and all who sail in her. This is a bloody travesty.

Neil

I am feeling a little less benevolent towards Carole Nash...despite having free money for the past two months whilst most bikes have been unused,

I see your point, but it's still insured if it catches fire or someone tries to nick it I presume? :nenau

Think yourselves lucky that multi bike policies exist in the UK

And, generally cheaper than other countries (with some caveats).
When I tell my Italian friends that I can insure both my bikes on one policy (GS and HP2) at a cost of about 600 quid a year per bike they are surprised.

Same here, 2 bikes almost £100.- more renewal, so got one somewhere else cheaper..
You got to make a point and shop around and let them know, CN will get the message eventually.

Bloody outrageous, added an 1150ADV (value £4.5k) to my multi bike insurance policy and they've fleeced me of £25.63 for the privilege.....
Plus their £40 mid term policy change fee no doubt.

CN charged me £50 to cancel my policy with them last week, believe me, my spleen was bursting at the seems, fecking raging, cnuts.

Neil

Let’s start with a simple one. The money (premium) is not free, it comes with risk. Unless that is you would not have claimed had your bikes (plural) been stolen, destroyed in a fire or suffered some other catastrophe, whilst you were not hooning one or the other of them around.

Actually no. Not sure if adding a bike counts as a change :D

You have a duty (as set out in the Bikers Charter, chapter 125, sub-section 28 B, amended) to debate with the call centre chimp for hours over the phone, then suck your teeth and shake your head at the unfairness of it all.

I have taken a bike off and it has COST ME MORE.
Literally, to reduce my insured assets and reduce my liability has cost me £47.80.......

I have been with Carol Nash for 28 years. I dealt with Carol, then her son Malcolmb.... it is not the company it once was that is for certain. I have not gone ahead with changing the policy and I am going to write to them, in a proper manner, none of this email shite.

Back
Top Bottom