Interphone Tour

eddles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok so yet another topic on what people think. I’m looking to ditch the autocom spa as I don’t fancy wiring it into another bike and the leads for us are a bit of a faff. Brilliant unit though. I’ve read far too many reviews so am completely confused on all the different options but this is what we want to do:

Speak rider to pillion
Use phone
Listen to music
Communication with TFT

I’m not bothered about listening to nav or other riders. Now I’ve seen that the Interphone Tour is £220 at Sportsbikeshop. Will it do all above and how waterproof is it? Seems a much better buy on face of it than Cardo or Sena......but I’m willing to be ridiculed on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like the interphone stuff but if i were you just buying in get one of the later units the active for instance as the dont have wiring poking out the bottom which can be a pain

I have an Interphone tour, and am really pleased with it. It’s very easy to use, unlike some of the over complicated alternatives.

Thanks for the advice, I notice that the intercom is vox but you have to manually end , is that correct?

i like the interphone stuff but if i were you just buying in get one of the later units the active for instance as the dont have wiring poking out the bottom which can be a pain

Does the active not have cables?

yes but they go in at a different place ie not sticking out the bottom which can make putting helmet down awkward sometimes,you have to be careful

It’s a good unit except if you’re using a satnav. Then it kills the channel to the pillion.

yes but they go in at a different place ie not sticking out the bottom which can make putting helmet down awkward sometimes,you have to be careful

Ah ok. I’ll take a look when it’s time to change. Which one do you have?

i have the old sport with the upgrade shoei speakers and it greaty

I have a Tour and find it does it's job well. Having the wires plugging in at the bottom of the unit isn't the best. I had a lead give up resulting
in me sending the whole unit back to sportsbikeshop who got it sorted for me (what brilliant people to deal with) and all was good again.
Imo the mount isn't brilliant and have had occasions where the unit was found to be coming out whilst riding so i check now and then
to see if it's still secure. I took to charging the unit whilst it was still mounted and plugged into the mic/earphone lead, this means it cuts down
on the number of times the lead is messed with and, in my mind, results in it being more reliable. The Avant model has a different, more flexible lead
than the Tour. It's the Avant i would recommend actually as the voice operation is excellent and removes any need to press buttons.

Perfect thanks for all the advice, I will look at the Avant as well. I suspected the Tour was/is cheaper for a reason. I’m torn between interphone and Scala to be honest. I’m not going down the Sena route as it isn’t waterproof- and we seem to get caught in the odd v wet day touring! The only 2 things against Scala for me is the fact I don’t know many dealers that sell them well enough and also the price!!!. I find it incredible how much this stuff is considering the v low cost of component parts, nothing is exactly cutting edge!

The avant looks like the better model, but for some reason the battery on the Tour is better. I’ve not had any of the issues that Tony has, so would recommend either. If you can get a good deal on the Tour, I’d go for that one. :thumb

Here’s a comparison:

https://www.interphone.com/en-it/interphone-tour-vs-avant

That comparison (main page at least) is a bit weird as it doesn't mention that the Avant is voice controlled; the Tour isn't. Ok. it tells you in the blurb when you click on it but you'd
have thought it would be an interesting thing to mention in the side by side comparison chart. The Avant also has a dual Bluetooth module giving more connectivity than the Tour and
that, plus the voice control feature may account for the slightly poorer battery charge life which, is still very impressive and leaves my Packtalk Bold in it's wake. Yes, i do have both the
Packtalk Bold and the Tour, don't ask as it's a long story :D

I will just clear up something i mentioned in my previous post about occasionally finding the unit coming out of it's mount whilst on the go. This was usually caused by me having put my hat
down on a surface and, as the plug protrudes below the bottom of the helmet it sometimes got dislodged and i didn't notice it when putting the helmet back on. This is something i easily
overcame by being more careful.

I will just clear up something i mentioned in my previous post about occasionally finding the unit coming out of it's mount whilst on the go. This was usually caused by me having put my hat
down on a surface and, as the plug protrudes below the bottom of the helmet it sometimes got dislodged and i didn't notice it when putting the helmet back on. This is something i easily
overcame by being more careful.

Good old user error. I know all about that! :D

Ok so yet another topic on what people think. I’m looking to ditch the autocom spa as I don’t fancy wiring it into another bike and the leads for us are a bit of a faff. Brilliant unit though. I’ve read far too many reviews so am completely confused on all the different options but this is what we want to do:

Speak rider to pillion
Use phone
Listen to music
Communication with TFT

I’m not bothered about listening to nav or other riders. Now I’ve seen that the Interphone Tour is £220 at Sportsbikeshop. Will it do all above and how waterproof is it? Seems a much better buy on face of it than Cardo or Sena......but I’m willing to be ridiculed on that!

I have reverted to an Autocom unit after trying out a Bluetooth combo. The thing I really struggled with was a lack of side-tone, where you can clearly hear what you are saying, on the Cardo Packtalk. My other half tends to zone out on the back and I did not know whether she was ignoring me or simply had not heard. The other problem with the Packtalk was that I would say something to the pillion and the radio would turn on, drowning out further conversation.

No-one else has ever mentions this problem so it is just me, I suppose. I can only recommend you to try BT out for yourself and see if it works for you as a couple.

I use the Bluetooth headset if I'm on my own or Autocom if I have a pillion.

Hope this helps (and I'm ready to be laughed at) ....

I have reverted to an Autocom unit after trying out a Bluetooth combo. The thing I really struggled with was a lack of side-tone, where you can clearly hear what you are saying, on the Cardo Packtalk. My other half tends to zone out on the back and I did not know whether she was ignoring me or simply had not heard. The other problem with the Packtalk was that I would say something to the pillion and the radio would turn on, drowning out further conversation.

No-one else has ever mentions this problem so it is just me, I suppose. I can only recommend you to try BT out for yourself and see if it works for you as a couple.

I use the Bluetooth headset if I'm on my own or Autocom if I have a pillion.

Hope this helps (and I'm ready to be laughed at) ....

Thanks that's great. After all the discussion I've gone a little off piste and bought the Cardo Freecom 4+. After a discussion with Peter at Creags he advised this over the packtalk for our needs. Have now fitted and updated firmware etc but not tried it on the bike yet. I must say if you're in the market for a Cardo system I would certainly use Peter. Ok I am sure you may get a slightly better monetary deal off some website by the odd Euro, but the deal was good with him and the speed of response to messages/email was superb. Within a couple of hours of the first message advice was given, it was paid for and in Hermes' hands for delivery, really excellent service.

I'll let you all know how we get on with it............

Back
Top Bottom