Scottish tourism sites

I'm not surprised it looks like an absolute stinker tomorrow.

It is indeed, pishing down! On the bright side, it should drown the midges, for a bit!

Currently in the Trossachs but it looks like Barra and Vatersay won't happen as our CalMac ferry from Mallaig to South Uist booked for tomorrow has been cancelled.

As an alternative, you could head for Lochaline or Kilchoan and cycle around Mull via the ferries from those places. How big did you say that camper was ... Oban might be a better bet? :augie

https://www.calmac.co.uk/article/2165/Mull

The campsite at Borve gives fantastic sunset views.

We got to Borve on Wednesday - I just wished that we'd been able to stay longer at the small, but perfect campsite.

Head for Vatersay for a walk along one of the finest beaches in the Hebrides and that means anywhere. They've upgraded the community hall on Vatersay and you should be able to wild camp nearby.

You didn't mention the 'feck-off' sized hill between Castlebay and Vatersay!! Thank God we decided to take the MH!

The beaches were absolutely fantastic - we even had a paddle!

There's a memorial to a crashed Catalina's crew also which is worth a look.

Yes, we stopped and paid our respects.

Now in Harris - just stocked up on Harris Gin :thumb

We got to Borve on Wednesday - I just wished that we'd been able to stay longer at the small, but perfect campsite.

You didn't mention the 'feck-off' sized hill between Castlebay and Vatersay!! Thank God we decided to take the MH!

The beaches were absolutely fantastic - we even had a paddle!

Yes, we stopped and paid our respects.

Now in Harris - just stocked up on Harris Gin :thumb

Hill? Good grief min, it's hardly the Stelvio!! :D Now that you're fit, consider a cycle out to Huisnis (Hushnish). You could take the camper. There's facilities at the end of the road but it's quite a road! There's Luskentyre too, a must and plenty of other beaches also. A foray into Lewis will take you to Callanish and Carloway broch if you're into antiquities. In all honesty, there's not a lot else. Harris is the Jewel of the utter Hebrides.

If you’re on Skye this place is well worth visiting for lunch but you’ll need to book, we rented a cottage up the road and went twice, the grub was lovely

https://www.threechimneys.co.uk/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now as far north as is possible in the Outer Hebrides - the Butt of Lewis.

Now as far north as is possible in the Outer Hebrides - the Butt of Lewis.

ffde851669adfac4883734c62bca604f.jpg

Capaldi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Butt of Lewis was a pretty good wild camping spot with views to Cape Wrath

Attachments

• Butt of Lewis.jpg
    Butt of Lewis.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 94

Back
Top Bottom