Scottish tourism sites

Thank you.

I’ll carve the NE250 into BaseCamp at some point.

The walking routes download well. Here’s a sample of one, downloaded via an iPad into the Pocket Earth app:

44d85f0855d27773730ce1aa1a139970.png

11b0b0703510aeee20e38709ed3cba31.jpg

You could certainly download a walk straight into a phone or handheld GPS device, better still if they had some reasonably good map applications installed. For most things, Pocket Earth would maybe be good enough, I think.

Buchan and the North East around and above Aberdeen is much neglected and has a lot of fine roads and interesting places to visit. You might need google translate for the Doric in Peterhead though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buchan and the North East around and above Aberdeen is much neglected and has a lot of fine roads and interesting places to visit. You might need google translate for the Doric in Peterhead though!

I spent many holidays as a child in Elgin/Lossiemouth and surrounding areas, it really is a different language altogether. :p

Roads to from Pennan are some of my favourites, plenty of bends / climbs and dips, and hardly any traffic. Still not seen a two stroke bike buzzing by the telephone kiosk though!

The more I look at Scotland (and Ireland) the more I see that it as to offer. With France a no-go zone, it's northwards to which to set the sights on the sites.

I had a bike based in Huntly for 5 years and its a fantastic area.

Tomintoul, the 500, etc etc etc all in easy reach.

Im hoping to go again soon, as it looks like my Turkey trip may not happen, I think I might do a all way round British coast trip if allowed :)

And don't forget about the islands, great variety. A good trip is to ferry hop from Adrossan all the way to Ullapool. If you check Calmac routes you can link it all together for a cracking trip.

https://www.calmac.co.uk/interactivemap

Then you have the Orkney and the Shetland isles, very different again.

The more I look at Scotland (and Ireland) the more I see that it as to offer. With France a no-go zone, it's northwards to which to set the sights on the sites.

...and in a few short weeks, you will be made very welcome.

Beware of Skye. It's been a victim of its own success and can get very busy. Best book accomodation in advance.
Same with Oban. The traffic gets very congested. Leave plenty of time to catch a ferry.

Very quickly becoming my favourite is exploring the islands. Mull for me is magnificent but an nightmare in summer with all single track roads, but others like Harris/Lewis etc are just ace to toddle round.

I'll give you a bell nearer time if I may :)

Got a month off again so keen to do something decent...……..

I'll give you a bell nearer time if I may :)

Got a month off again so keen to do something decent...……..

No worries chief, my only concern once full travel again is granted it how busy these places are going to be, ferries are likely to get booked up quickly but full travel isn't on until at least July.

Can I recommend the Simmer Dim rally held in Shetland at the end of June.
As well as an excellent rally, it's over a few days so plenty of opportunity to explore the Shetland islands.
Facebook site here...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/67399420024/
If you're interested, send an email to simmerdimrally@gmail.com toward the end of the year.
They send out invites by email Late Jan/early Feb.
Fill in the form and send it back sharpish as the numbers are limited.
Lot's of folk travel up by ferry from Aberdeen on the Thursday night and back on the Monday.

Just out of interest Wapping; have you any knowledge of anyone doing a full coastal lap of GB .

Just out of interest Wapping; have you any knowledge of anyone doing a full coastal lap of GB .

Hint: keep the sea on your left going clockwise and you’ll be fine. :D

Back
Top Bottom