Renewal - How does that work ??

Tyzer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I received my renewal yesterday for my 2019 1250 GS,£345 .The same company on a comparison website with identical cover £185 how the fuck does that work :blast

It’s a situation were you own tin of Vaseline is an advantage.

Could always telephone the, and if no success, buy from the comparison job by (that is if you are of a mind to still hand over your hard earned to a company who would do this-try finding one that doesn’t!)

New customer bonus. Ask the company if they will price match. If not, go with the new quote. Ask them to send a letter to themselves confirming your no claims discount.

'Tis a game that will always be played. If you can't be bothered to do a bit of homework, you'll be out of pocket.

Wapping to the white telephone!

A lot of companies chance their arm upon renewal hoping you can't be bothered to challenge it.
Each year, when its time for renewal, hit the websites for the best deal.
You'll never make easier money.

Got one quote and called Carole Nash (my current insurer) back. Without knowing the quote I had, they reduced my renewal premium by more than 25%!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a renewal quote though. It would have auto-renewed unless I challenged it.
It was about 25% higher than previous year.
When I phoned up and challenged the increase, the guy said 'oh, don't worry about that figure. Let's see what we can do for you'.
Ended up being the same as last year, with the same insurer.
Totally, chancing their arm to see if you notice.

Got one quote and called Carole Nash (my current insurer) back. Without knowing the quote I had, they reduced my renewal premium by more than 25%!

Yesterday CN were a bunch of shysters for increasing your premium and not giving you money back because you chose not to use your bike, now they are fools for reducing your quote by 25%?

Yesterday CN were a bunch of shysters for increasing your premium and not giving you money back because you chose not to use your bike, now they are fools for reducing your quote by 25%?

Don’t think I used either of those descriptions...so stop stirring

I renewed mine last week. Never wait for the renewal. Used the bike insurer and it came in at just under £92 with Bennetts with no additional security requirements. Happy days.

Renewal arrived in the post today with Bennetts for £295 and i had to fit a disk lock of some description. Thats some new policy discount i received by going on line via a comparison site.

Another interesting fact, i have full no claims bonus so never normally select the NCD protection. This saved £12 off my policy price. Weird is it not, more cover but cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom