New R1250GS- Caliper leaking in showroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all were a bit sceptical when we learned that BMW intended to change to Hays calipers on the 1250 LC line of bikes. But like it or not, the change improved the brakes, compared to the 1200.

The leakages issue is nothing for BMW to be proud of. It puzzles me that leakage is an issue for a product where there is more than 50 years of experience in the making. And how hard can it be? Obviously harder than we may think. Is it machining of the pistions and cylinder in the caliper that is out of alignment, or is it the design of the seals that is not good enough? I don't know, but I'm sure that quite a few people are scratching their heads over an, shall we say, embarissing issue.

I don't think BMW went to Hays merely for saving money. Most of their bikes still use Brembos...

But I am sure that the issue will be fixed, and I am sure that BMW will stay with Hays until the issue is fixed and onwards until a better brake is available (current Brembos on the 1200 where good brakes, but the Hays are better). As for ranting US products, I am under the impression that Hays have put up a plant in Germany, thus the calipers may be a German product with a US name.

And to trace the tread back on track, I am surprised that a dealer would keep a leaking bike in the show-room. Such a display does not inspire confidence to new customers...

I will probably keep mine longer than 3 years if the mrs still enjoys trips off on it.I will probably get the extended warranty though.

Mr Bean, he’s an expert on all things BMW didn’t you know. Him and his boyfriend, that nutty idiot and BMW hater think they know everything. They will argue and twist every word you say, don’t give them the ammo,they ain’t worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:comfort :beerjug: :JB

Mr Bean, he’s an expert on all things BMW didn’t you know. Him and his boyfriend, that nutty idiot and BMW hater think they know everything. They will argue and twist every word you say, don’t give them the ammo,they ain’t worth it.

I try to stay away from the name calling as it generally does nothing to advance the argument and gives them more reason to have a poke.

Nutty is wrong over the number of recalls that have affected the GS LC (which was my question) to him, but would rather not admit it. Strange, but there you go.

Why you talking to Mr Bean, Dopey ??
So much anger in such a small package :)
Now run along otherwise your boss won’t be happy.She might even get grumpy.........hi ho hi ho...it’s off to work he goes.....with a leaky brake and a load of fake....hi ho hi ho....:)

I try to stay away from the name calling as it generally does nothing to advance the argument and gives them more reason to have a poke.

Nutty is wrong over the number of recalls that have affected the GS LC (which was my question), but would rather not admit it. Strange, but there you go.

Oh god no ! He can’t possibly be wrong, he’s an “expert” because he’ owned a few GS’s. His partner in crime although he owns a BMW, and had never owned a 1250, thinks he too is an “expert”. They just enjoy trolling because they are sad f#*ks.

I think we all were a bit sceptical when we learned that BMW intended to change to Hays calipers on the 1250 LC line of bikes. But like it or not, the change improved the brakes, compared to the 1200.

The leakages issue is nothing for BMW to be proud of. It puzzles me that leakage is an issue for a product where there is more than 50 years of experience in the making. And how hard can it be? Obviously harder than we may think. Is it machining of the pistions and cylinder in the caliper that is out of alignment, or is it the design of the seals that is not good enough? I don't know, but I'm sure that quite a few people are scratching their heads over an, shall we say, embarissing issue.

I don't think BMW went to Hays merely for saving money. Most of their bikes still use Brembos...

But I am sure that the issue will be fixed, and I am sure that BMW will stay with Hays until the issue is fixed and onwards until a better brake is available (current Brembos on the 1200 where good brakes, but the Hays are better). As for ranting US products, I am under the impression that Hays have put up a plant in Germany, thus the calipers may be a German product with a US name.

And to trace the tread back on track, I am surprised that a dealer would keep a leaking bike in the show-room. Such a display does not inspire confidence to new customers...

I agree the brakes are better than the Brembos but that doesn mean jack shit if they leak. What I don't understand is why Sticks have lasted 10,000 miles :confused:

Fortunatley mine don't leak after 3,500 miles but mine has a starting problem and I have lost all confidence in the bike and no amount of warranty or breakdown cover will compensate.I ride 2 up 90% of the time and the last thing I want is to be stranded in the middle of nowhere waiting for recovery,it's the reason I buy new bikes so this shit doesn't happen

Is it a bad time to say i might buy a Ducati or a Harley :beerjug:

Oh god no ! He can’t possibly be wrong, he’s an “expert” because he’ owned a few GS’s. His partner in crime although he owns a BMW, and had never owned a 1250, thinks he too is an “expert”. They just enjoy trolling because they are sad f#*ks.

What you fail to realise with that tiny brain of yours is that there are other people out there who have owned a few bikes.Just because you have a 1250 in your wooden shed farkled to the hilt with utter shite doesn’t make you the appointed spokesman for the brand.
And with regard to being a troll,I think you’ll find that you meet the required height limits so are far more suited to the role.

What you fail to realise with that tiny brain of yours is that there are other people out there who have owned a few bikes.Just because you have a 1250 in your wooden shed farkled to the hilt with utter shite doesn’t make you the appointed spokesman for the brand.
And with regard to being a troll,I think you’ll find that you meet the required height limits so are far more suited to the role.

Thats rich coming from you, the biggest troll on the forum. Flyboy go find something useful to do rather than show your jealousy on someone else’s bike. More to be pitied than scolded. 🥱🥱🥱🥱

Is it a bad time to say i might buy a Ducati or a Harley :beerjug:

No, I nearly got a MS last June but the GS was marginally better for 2 up riding plus I liked the extra go the 1250 has over the 1200.I have to say though after trying different bikes the Multi was the closest to suit us:thumb

Holy thread drift batman....... again, usual suspects.

I’m not especially bothered but it is a chore scrolling through 10 pages of most threads when only 4 are anything to do with the original topic.

Don’t get me wrong, your opinion Is as valid as anyone else but on topic ones are much nicerer.

No, I nearly got a MS last June but the GS was marginally better for 2 up riding plus I liked the extra go the 1250 has over the 1200.I have to say though after trying different bikes the Multi was the closest to suit us:thumb

Having had Ducati’s, they are great bikes. Not immune to issues though. If your looking for a problem free bike your better off buying several years into a production run. My Duke was pretty much trouble free but those that had earlier incarnations had some pretty big engine problems.

There isn’t a risk free option, your bike fails, the next one of the same model doesn’t. It’s as much luck as anything else. It’s how they look after you if your luck is out that makes the difference. Ducati for me were middling to good. ( not tested bmw yet )

I agree the brakes are better than the Brembos but that doesn mean jack shit if they leak. What I don't understand is why Sticks have lasted 10,000 miles :confused:

Fortunatley mine don't leak after 3,500 miles but mine has a starting problem and I have lost all confidence in the bike and no amount of warranty or breakdown cover will compensate.I ride 2 up 90% of the time and the last thing I want is to be stranded in the middle of nowhere waiting for recovery,it's the reason I buy new bikes so this shit doesn't happen

I have done 3 sets of front pads mind you …...

Nutty is wrong over the number of recalls that have affected the GS LC (which was my question) to him, but would rather not admit it. Strange, but there you go.

I've spoken to BMW and they said it's eleventy twelve actually.

Keep going, this is fun. :beerjug:

With a bit of "twisted" added for effect. I have to apologise to the trolls, by calling those two that name, I'm sure trolls are far more inteligent. :thumb:comfort

Says the person with so little intelligence, he puts his home postcode on his number plate, and posts this on every post:

I despair. I really do. :blast :comfort

I've spoken to BMW and they said it's eleventy twelve actually.

Keep going, this is fun. :beerjug:

Says the person with so little intelligence, he puts his home postcode on his number plate, and posts this on every post:

I despair. I really do. :blast :comfort

Yeah yeah, one mistake and i never get to live it down. You've made more than one by buying shit bikes like KTMs and Ducati's, like you im an "expert" so you cant possibly argue with me.:comfort:nenau:D

Arsey is as always "entertaining"...Let's see if you want a bike for the street which bike would you rather ride or keep for let's say 5 years or longer until you get bored and/or something really better/faster comes out ?
A Ducati with cambelt$$$ and desmo valve$$$ ?
A KTM that has all kinds of nagging problem$$$ and few dealers and fewer parts ?
A Africa Twin that already bores you to death after 5 miles on the first and last test-ride ?
A 1250GS with Telelever,Shaftdrive,with more TORQUE than a supercharged Kawasaki inline-4,great dealernetwork and possibly leaky caliper seals that are easy to change ?
I know the answer is easy...:thumby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom