Good bike stands @ Lidl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah shit!! Really need one! Best get there tomorrow and see if they still have any!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah shit!! Really need one! Best get there tomorrow and see if they still have any!

They are really good, very stable with 4 wide legs with feet on each leg

I thought they’d be a bit naff for £25 but the Levo FSR fitted fine and it’s not the easiest frame to attach to a workshop stand

I have one of these superb value Lidl bike stands : superb value . Ok , it’s not a Professional tool but it’s a fab price .

I don’t like to rain on anyone’s parade but I have one very similar to the picture. It’s ok for occasional use but- it’s not really secure holding a bike (other than a 7kg race bike) by the seat post, which is how I like to hold a bike; the clamp works great on modest diameter round tubes like you find on steel frames but on an ovalised carbon or aluminium frame the grip isn’t that great. That said, it’s fine for occasional light use, just don’t go thinking you can change bottom brackets on your carbon or hydroformed alloy frame. And a proper professional standard item would be 3x the price.

I don’t like to rain on anyone’s parade but I have one very similar to the picture. It’s ok for occasional use but- it’s not really secure holding a bike (other than a 7kg race bike) by the seat post, which is how I like to hold a bike; the clamp works great on modest diameter round tubes like you find on steel frames but on an ovalised carbon or aluminium frame the grip isn’t that great. That said, it’s fine for occasional light use, just don’t go thinking you can change bottom brackets on your carbon or hydroformed alloy frame. And a proper professional standard item would be 3x the price.

My Lapierre is about 12kgs and I usually hold it via the top tube but had it up via the seat post during the week (hence why it's so high in pic) and it holds it by the TT perfectly fine, yes it's not a professional one but for various jobs it's perfectly fine.

So you are saying don’t use on my £2k Bianchi? Love my bike, need to look after it!

Not don’t buy it or use it, just be aware of its limitations. And be careful with the clamp on non-round top tubes.

My Lapierre is about 12kgs and I usually hold it via the top tube but had it up via the seat post during the week (hence why it's so high in pic) and it holds it by the TT perfectly fine, yes it's not a professional one but for various jobs it's perfectly fine.

The way I use it too, fine for most jobs and won't be used everyday

Attachments

• 20200515_115540.jpg
    20200515_115540.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 108
What's wrong with turning the bike upside down on an old rug?

Doesn't that work these days with the modern stuff .... genuine question

.... but with tongue in cheek :rob

Edit ... Tim beat me to it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom