K75RT Aftermarket Steering damper

bobk100

Reaction score
Hi All.

Has anyone ever fitted an aftermarket steering damper? How did you do it?

I don't want to go into the why's - I've tried everything - it needs an afermarket damper!

Anyone done it?

Cheers.

Hi All.

Has anyone ever fitted an aftermarket steering damper? How did you do it?

I don't want to go into the why's - I've tried everything - it needs an afermarket damper!

Anyone done it?

Cheers.

I’m surprised!
Had a 75RT and a 75S - never felt any need for a steering damper.
Perhaps you’re just quicker than me!

I’m surprised!
Had a 75RT and a 75S - never felt any need for a steering damper.
Perhaps you’re just quicker than me!

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

My K75RT came with a 'Fluidblock' as it seems did most K75's. Most didn't know that they were fitted as they sit unobtrusively in the headstock. Only found mine by chance as everyone says they were not fitted to the K75RT's - not quite the fact. To pre-empt the question, no you can't get them anymore.

Never had trouble with all the K100's I had that I used on trackdays,courier work and teaching advanced techniques chasing the squids.

I think the underlying reason has something to do with the lack of weight on the front end due to the missing cylinder. Maybe I should zip tie some dumbell weights to the waterpump !!

Anyway - I didn't want to get into the why's n wherefors, been through all that elsewhere. I just need to find someome who's been through the process of fitting an alternative to the Fluidblock.

Regards

If you have an RT you will probably be fine without replacing it. I removed it from my RT when I replaced the head bearings, never a problem after doing so.

If you have an RT you will probably be fine without replacing it. I removed it from my RT when I replaced the head bearings, never a problem after doing so.

Regretably not in this case. I wish that were the actualite, I could save (and saved) a lot of time and money.

Looking at dampers on Ebay but without the physical presence it's diffult to see if they will fit.

I need someone who's done it.

Regards.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

My K75RT came with a 'Fluidblock' as it seems did most K75's. Most didn't know that they were fitted as they sit unobtrusively in the headstock. Only found mine by chance as everyone says they were not fitted to the K75RT's - not quite the fact. To pre-empt the question, no you can't get them anymore.

Never had trouble with all the K100's I had that I used on trackdays,courier work and teaching advanced techniques chasing the squids.

I think the underlying reason has something to do with the lack of weight on the front end due to the missing cylinder. Maybe I should zip tie some dumbell weights to the waterpump !!

Anyway - I didn't want to get into the why's n wherefors, been through all that elsewhere. I just need to find someome who's been through the process of fitting an alternative to the Fluidblock.

Regards

had the correct bolts been used to hold on the main fairing bracket ? I only ask as the bolts also held the fluidblock in place. The normal K75RT fairing brackets are normal bolts.

You need the correct bolts for the fluid block as they stopped it turning when the stem/yolk is turned. The fluid block doesn't work if it turns in the frame steering head stem.

Regretably not in this case. I wish that were the actualite, I could save (and saved) a lot of time and money.

Looking at dampers on Ebay but without the physical presence it's diffult to see if they will fit.

I need someone who's done it.

Regards.

had the correct bolts been used to hold on the main fairing bracket ? I only ask as the bolts also held the fluidblock in place. The normal K75RT fairing brackets are normal bolts.

You need the correct bolts for the fluid block as they stopped it turning when the stem/yolk is turned. The fluid block doesn't work if it turns in the frame steering head stem.

Hopefully this explains it a bit clearer "unless" you have removed it already ??

Back
Top Bottom