790 adv snatchy sensitive throttle

Think the SMT had a modified throttle cam to smooth the delivery .

Slipping off topic the 990SMT was a bloody lovely bike. but I could not live with the crap tank range. If you "made progress" you were thinking of filling up after 150 miles.... got on my nerves when touring. 200 min for me...... 300 miles I get with the GSA even better ;-)

Slipping off topic the 990SMT was a bloody lovely bike. but I could not live with the crap tank range. If you "made progress" you were thinking of filling up after 150 miles.... got on my nerves when touring. 200 min for me...... 300 miles I get with the GSA even better ;-)

That’s why I had a Safari tank on my 950 so it would do 280 to reserve,which is exactly the same as my new 701,range-wise....

Why is the 790 being compared to the 990 and the 690? They are different motorcycles.

I had two late model 990's and the 2013 was much better in this regard,

I have no problems with my 790 Adventure S or my 2014 690 Enduro R. Both are RBW. Street mode is fine on the 790 - not snatchy.

Maybe I'm not as discerning as some.

We were not directly comparing the 790 & 990, just illustrating what can be achieved with good custom mapping. It just happens that the 990 was a good illustration of how bad they can be prior to modifying.

Just an observation - you have to put your car and 1290 in to rain mode to make them run smoothly?

Husqvarna seem to manage with a smaller motor.

I don’t know about other Husqvarna bikes but my MY20 FE501 defaults to pussy bitch mode on the engine mapping when turned on and if you want it to be a bit more radical you have to change the setting.

Thanks for the replies guys. I spoke to him again and he has said he didn't notice it when he bought it new. Its something that has developed recently

I don’t know about other Husqvarna bikes but my MY20 FE501 defaults to pussy bitch mode on the engine mapping when turned on and if you want it to be a bit more radical you have to change the setting.

My 701LR has switchable riding modes and always remains in the one selected until manually changed.

388755ad6449db3f059d44218455b59d.jpg

Mode 1 offers a sporty throttle response and cornering sensitive traction control while Mode 2 is focused for enduro riding providing a smooth throttle response with off-road traction control.

My wife had a test ride on a 790 and was seriously unhappy with the fuelling but when I mentioned this to the dealer they said tell her to go back and give it some revs next time but If she’s stuck in slow heavy traffic use rain mode.

My experience of KTMs is that they don't like and are no fun being ridden slowly.

Thanks for the replies guys. I spoke to him again and he has said he didn't notice it when he bought it new. Its something that has developed recently

Maybe he's got a tank of inferior petrol?

I was once told of a petrol station owner putting ethanol in the petrol storage tanks to make it go further.

This would upset small and highly tuned engines?

Back
Top Bottom