Seat height

FERRET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody able to help out here?
I have a seargent seat fitted to my 2013 hexhead which I purchased 2nd hand in the belief that it was standard height, however it is not as tall on the bike as the standard seat that came with the bike.
Now I don't know if the seat fitted to my bike when I bought it was standard or high seat.

Only numbers on the underside of the seargent seat are,
WS-546F
BP-BMW R12GS -1F

On the OEM seat
5253-7667725

Anyone know the answer, thanks in advance Ferret:thumby:

Anybody able to help out here?
I have a seargent seat fitted to my 2013 hexhead which I purchased 2nd hand in the belief that it was standard height, however it is not as tall on the bike as the standard seat that came with the bike.
Now I don't know if the seat fitted to my bike when I bought it was standard or high seat.

Only numbers on the underside of the seargent seat are,
WS-546F
BP-BMW R12GS -1F

On the OEM seat
5253-7667725

Anyone know the answer, thanks in advance Ferret:thumby:

lol, ive literally just put some seats away ..

The part number for the seat doesn't come back with any thing, on real oem, but online searches show it to be an 04-07 seat .

Pictures show it to be either a std or high seat. its definitely not a low seat

which bike had what seat? and what seat do you want to know about your intial post is a little confusing ?what bike is it exactly ? is it a gs or gsa

I think Sargent seats do sit lower, quite a different experience... if doing 1k miles probably useful, if on a track day not the thing you want.
After the build up and great expectation over a nine year wait, when I eventually got to try one... for the way I ride, I'd take it off and throw it in a skip

2013 90th anniversary gsa which I purchased 2nd hand , had the OEM BMW seat, I then purchased a 2nd hand sergeant seat which I fitted, the seargeant seat feel lower and if ime honest not as comfy at the original.
Hope that clears up the confusion.

Thanks for the replies:thumb

2013 90th anniversary gsa which I purchased 2nd hand , had the OEM BMW seat, I then purchased a 2nd hand sergeant seat which I fitted, the seargeant seat feel lower and if ime honest not as comfy at the original.
Hope that clears up the confusion.

Thanks for the replies:thumb

Still confusing ;)

Is it a single seat or rider / pillion The GSA could have either

Ive been through all the seats listed for 2013 GS/GSA and that part number 7667725 dosen't appear

So it may have been superceeded by another part number somewhen

best way to confirm the height is the put a straight edge accross the lowest part of the seat and mesaure to the floor

Seat heights are

870 / 890mm - Low Seat

890 / 910mm - Standard Seat

880mm - Low Rallye Seat

900mm - High Rallye Seat

hope this helps

It's the riders seat, and will do regards measuring, many thanks:thumb2

Why not just email Sargent and ask them. The UK are a little slow responding at the moment, but the Sargent guys in the US are still replying reasonable quickly

Yes it does, I've got it on the high setting but the seat seems sculptured out.

Back
Top Bottom