GoPro hero 7 black help wanted

Marks adventure

Through life
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m about to get a hero 7 and was wondering what are the best settings to have it on.

Is there a good recommend setup for a motorcycle?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Hi Mark,

I use the same camera and prefer 1080p 60fps this allows several hours on a 128GB sd card.
higher settings are available but eat more into memory. Also image stabilisation is superb. I have also reduced the field of view.

There is no right or wrong way - experiment.

I have never seriously explored 4k - big files and eats alot of memory up but lots of people really rate 4k so maybe i need to explore further:D

One other thing, i have changed my lens which reduces sunlight glare - a few quid on ebay. works well.

Hi Mark,

I use the same camera and prefer 1080p 60fps this allows several hours on a 128GB sd card.
higher settings are available but eat more into memory. Also image stabilisation is superb. I have also reduced the field of view.

There is no right or wrong way - experiment.

I have never seriously explored 4k - big files and eats alot of memory up but lots of people really rate 4k so maybe i need to explore further:D

One other thing, i have changed my lens which reduces sunlight glare - a few quid on ebay. works well.
Thanks for the info , do you have a link to the lens cover?

Unless you want to view on a big TV then 4K isn’t really worth it as it eats batteries for lunch. My GoPro seemed to overheat if recording on 4K for too long. 1080/30 is fine for normal viewing on a computer.

Unless you want to view on a big TV then 4K isn’t really worth it as it eats batteries for lunch. My GoPro seemed to overheat if recording on 4K for too long. 1080/30 is fine for normal viewing on a computer.

agree but 60fps certainly has the edge and suitable for most HD TV

1080 at 60fps is what I mostly use as well. Filmed the whole of our 2018 European trip with those settings and the footage was spot on. It's the best balance of quality, file size and battery life. I usually opt for the wide field of view as it gives a really immersive feel with the camera mounted to the front of my lid.

Try out a few different settings whilst out for a spin and see which you prefer. Also play around lots with different mounting points as a clip with several points of view is far more watchable than one single POV all the way through.

I have the same camera, I tend to either use 1080/60 or 4K/60. 4K gives you added bonus of cropping and greater flexibility when editing, but if you don't really do much other than trim the clips down then 1080/60 is the best compromise. Plus you can slow the footage down by half and still remain smooth.

Stabilisation is brilliant, I did a video of my trip to the Pyrenees last year in 4K/60 and the stablisation was brilliant. Didn't encounter any overheating but it does eat memory cards up obviously. I bought a RavPower FileHub and an SSD and just tranferred the footage over to back it up.

Back
Top Bottom