Bike Lift Stand.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Picked this one up today to work on the 1150GSA over the summer.
1- How best to lift it?
2- And what to take off beforehand?

For example;
1- As there is no down-frame, where to position the rubberised lift frame to make it fairly balanced before I tie it down.
2- Maybe exhaust, sump guard and crash bars for example
daa76198ecb7a918963b2e40a0631518.jpg

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

I’d remove the sump guard and lower bars as one unit and lift under the sump.

Never had a problem lifting on the bash plate with mine.

How did you remove the oil filter? Removing the sump guard and lower section of engine bars makes getting at valve clearances, etc, much easier too, but you need to do it before you lift it...;)

Never had a problem lifting on the bash plate with mine.

How did you remove the oil filter? Removing the sump guard and lower section of engine bars makes getting at valve clearances, etc, much easier too, but you need to do it before you lift it...;)

My reply was to your question :)

Of course I don't use the lift to change an oil filter that's what the main stands for :D

Over the summer, I want to remove both shocks to get refurbished, as well as the rear subframe. Drop fork legs and change oil, wheels off for new tyres and access to a good clean up in the nooks and crannies.
Oh, and replace TB bushes only as right side rattles (hopefully the shaft is within reason), cables and clean cable box.
Mainly that the bike is fairly balanced on the lift even though I will also use ratchet straps.

Patria o Muerte

Back
Top Bottom