Remus 8

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whos running the Remus 8 ?
Any good?

As far as I know the Remus 8 is only EU-4 which means you can't remove the DB-killers and I saw a exhaust pipe test in a german magazine MO where the Remus actually lost a few hp on top compared to the stock BMW system on a 1250GS...I would by a EU-3 Akrapovic and call it good !

Hmm, not sure you are talking about the Remus 8. The baffles are removable. An it claims to give more HP over the standard.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rBHy6mvEh0g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I believe that Remus make a E marked version were the baffles can’t be removed and a version marked ‘not for road use’ with a removable baffle.

What I will say is that the removeable top baffle can be for the US market held by a screw and I'll bet the EU-4 sold in Europe the baffle will be welded...as for power claims I have seen the dyno sheets in MO and the Remus actually made 3 hp less than stock.It looks good though and sounds a liitle hogher pitched than the Akra-3 with Both baffles removed.Here you can remove the baffle with a torx wrench after filling off the spot weld.EU-4 Akra is a waste of money as the tube/tubes are smaller and more restrictive an db-killers welded in...

Also forgot to mention Akra is Titanium while Remus is stainless and both come in black or natural finishes...

I have the Remus black hawk, as I prefer the looks to the ‘8’.

I dont think so. All the Remus 8's for sale are road legal and have removable Baffles.

Have you a link to those remus 8 ?

https://remus.eu/motorcycle.html?vehicleId=2-101-1589-2291

The two types are in your link, one without the removable baffle and EC marked

REMUS 8 Slip on (muffler) incl. Carbon heat protecting shield, stainless steel matt, (EC-) approval

And the other with but not EC approved

REMUS 8 RACING Slip on (silencer) incl. CARBON heat protection cover and removable sound input, stainless steel matt, NO (EC-) APPROVAL

I have the Remus 8 for my 2018 GSA.
I bought the racing version - though they shipped the standard version first and I had to send it back.

I had had a number of akrapovic previously but fancied a change from the price and the dry rasp it makes.

Love the sound. I still have the baffle in as it was plenty loud and in fact the can sounds better as I get more mileage on it.

I have the Remus 8 for my 2018 GSA.
I bought the racing version - though they shipped the standard version first and I had to send it back.

I had had a number of akrapovic previously but fancied a change from the price and the dry rasp it makes.

Love the sound. I still have the baffle in as it was plenty loud and in fact the can sounds better as I get more mileage on it.

So tempted, I sold , on here last year a Akro HP as I didnt really want it.... but this Remus 8 looks so cool. You can remove the baffle if you want though?

So tempted, I sold , on here last year a Akro HP as I didnt really want it.... but this Remus 8 looks so cool. You can remove the baffle if you want though?

Looking at a close up photo. I think the top baffle will be removable - but it's a guess.
Bottom exit hole looks “open” already - on their website.
I am new to the GS Thing but this looks real nice .

Yes if you get the “race” non homologated one.

It is pretty - even if mine is hidden behind my pannier most the time. At least I can still hear it.

Yes if you get the “race” non homologated one.

It is pretty - even if mine is hidden behind my pannier most the time. At least I can still hear it.

I thought the same. My panniers are always fitted too!!!

Back
Top Bottom