Wildlife camera

Engineer

He/Him - Guitar Student and Electronics Engineer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Huntingdonshire (Cambridgeshire) & Bedfordshire
I am looking for a battery powered camera for the garden, motion triggered for night use, must be able to capture real-time images for later download wirelessly to an iPad. Real-time use controlled wirelessly on demand would be good too.

Does such a thing exist?

Yes like that - must be battery powered and be able to view live on an iPad via Bluetooth or WiFi.

It's one of these. There may be later versions available.

It's not a "wildlife camera" but does everything I need it to in keeping an eye on the mice, traps and various things in the gardens. Very good battery life, better than I expected in the cold. Reolink app works well on iPhone and iPad giving you a live view and access to the recordings. Depending on your settings, you get notifications on motion and you can configure it to record to an SD card (optional extra) when motion detected. Mine came with the solar panel which I've not had to use as, so far, the battery has been sufficient.

It's WiFI, very portable and works well with my Ubiquiti AC Pro. So far, it's done everything I've wanted it to, your requirements may be different.

It's one of these. There may be later versions available.

It's not a "wildlife camera" but does everything I need it to in keeping an eye on the mice, traps and various things in the gardens. Very good battery life, better than I expected in the cold. Reolink app works well on iPhone and iPad giving you a live view and access to the recordings. Depending on your settings, you get notifications on motion and you can configure it to record to an SD card (optional extra) when motion detected. Mine came with the solar panel which I've not had to use as, so far, the battery has been sufficient.

It's WiFI, very portable and works well with my Ubiquiti AC Pro. So far, it's done everything I've wanted it to, your requirements may be different.

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

Back
Top Bottom