R1200rt dash reset

gebrauchtwagen83

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went for an 80 mile spin this morning to get a feel for my new steed. During the ride I switched the suspension from hard back to normal which caused the dash to reset including a sweep of the clocks whilst I was still riding. The bike didn't stall but I did have to go back into settings to put the speedo in the middle again. Anyone experienced this? It's a 2017 r1200rt LE

Went for an 80 mile spin this morning to get a feel for my new steed. During the ride I switched the suspension from hard back to normal which caused the dash to reset including a sweep of the clocks whilst I was still riding. The bike didn't stall but I did have to go back into settings to put the speedo in the middle again. Anyone experienced this? It's a 2017 r1200rt LE

Nope, never happened on my 2014 and doesn't happen on my 1250. Best try it again and if it persists, get a dealer to look at it.

That sounds like a voltage drop, I have same bike/spec/year and not seen that happen. I’d be checking all the electrical connectors and battery terminals are secure. A GS-911WIFI auto scan may pick up a saved fault code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you should say that because it is a very sluggish starter and I also noticed when the optimate does its battery test is never comes up as 100 percent green even after I've been riding it.

Funny you should say that because it is a very sluggish starter and I also noticed when the optimate does its battery test is never comes up as 100 percent green even after I've been riding it.

New battery time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been out this morning and changed the suspension 30 times and couldnt replicate the fault. Weird

Been out this morning and changed the suspension 30 times and couldnt replicate the fault. Weird

I firmly believe that you should Cycle those units through their settings frequently. as in every time yo go out and even a couple of times during a ride (Possibly they are the second stupidest thing BMW ever came up with after the Servo ABS !!!)

It could have just been stuck and took a dab of extra current to free itself??

Back
Top Bottom