6000 mile service.....

cjs748

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 1250 GSA is due it’s 6000mile service soon. My local dealer is not even answering the phone at the moment so finding it difficult to get something sorted for the service. Does using an independent workshop invalidate the warranty ? Got a local guy who does a fantastic job on my other bikes and I’m thinking of letting him do the GSA......

I’m sure you can take it anywhere these days.As long as they use genuine parts and follow the service schedule, the warranty isn’t affected.
It’s certainly the case for cars so sure its the same for bikes....

Had mine done last week in Suffolk. Staff very COVID aware! I think they said BMW is giving 3 months and/or 1500 miles grace. Hope this helps

Had mine done last week in Suffolk. Staff very COVID aware! I think they said BMW is giving 3 months and/or 1500 miles grace. Hope this helps

I was told 2 months

Hi

I had my 6k service on a 1250GSA two weeks ago.

Bahnstormer were very covid aware, I sat on a chair in the sun whilst I waited.

For my bike at least, their is a software update available. Because it takes several hours to download from the mothership, I have to rebook.

I assume that a private wouldn't have the capabilities/equipment for that.

Hi

I had my 6k service on a 1250GSA two weeks ago.

Bahnstormer were very covid aware, I sat on a chair in the sun whilst I waited.

For my bike at least, their is a software update available. Because it takes several hours to download from the mothership, I have to rebook.

I assume that a private wouldn't have the capabilities/equipment for that.

Yup, i believe my bike will have to have the update too, but service is not due till August, so maybe by then, things will have slackened off.

Out of interest Bill, what did the 6k service cost ? I’m keen to get any software updates that may be available when it’s serviced so I’ll try and get something booked tomorrow......

I contacted Bahnstormer to have some warranty work done,

As i'm not a key worker.. its wait your turn

I’m sure you can take it anywhere these days.As long as they use genuine parts and follow the service schedule, the warranty isn’t affected.
It’s certainly the case for cars so sure its the same for bikes....

I think that may have been the block exemption rules that applied to new cars, not sure it covered bikes though. Probably someone better than me can advise.

Out of interest Bill, what did the 6k service cost ? I’m keen to get any software updates that may be available when it’s serviced so I’ll try and get something booked tomorrow......

I purchased a five year service pack with the bike, so I can't help you with that.

Might be of interest...

http://www.discover.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/ownership/service-repairs-warranty-covid?rate=2

What is BMW doing about servicing, repairs, warranty and service packs impacted by Coronavirus?

BMW is committed to supporting customers affected by the closure of our retailers during the coronavirus restrictions.

Customers requiring urgent vehicle maintenance should ask their local BMW Motorrad centre about the availability of their service centre. Some service centres continue to offer service and repair for essential workers.

Customers requiring a vehicle service during the delays caused by Coronavirus can rest assured that your warranty will be unaffected by this disruption. Motorcycles serviced within 3 months or 1,000 miles (whichever is earlier) of the service indicator will be protected in full by any applicable warranty.

For customers with a warranty expiry during the Coronavirus restrictions (from 14th March 2020 onwards), we will extend your warranty coverage, including Roadside Assistance cover, until 30th June 2020. End of warranty checks due during this period will also be fulfilled. Customers in self-isolation beyond 30th June should contact a BMW Centre to arrange for collection and delivery.

BMW will honour Service Inclusive packages expiring between 14th March and 30th June for any overdue work. We will honour any service due under a service package that has expired during the Coronavirus closures.

For any BMW motorcycle that is due a 600 mile running-in service during this period we have extended the mileage allowance to 1,200 miles (2,000km).

Might be of interest...

http://www.discover.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/ownership/service-repairs-warranty-covid?rate=2

What is BMW doing about servicing, repairs, warranty and service packs impacted by Coronavirus?

BMW is committed to supporting customers affected by the closure of our retailers during the coronavirus restrictions.

Customers requiring urgent vehicle maintenance should ask their local BMW Motorrad centre about the availability of their service centre. Some service centres continue to offer service and repair for essential workers.

Customers requiring a vehicle service during the delays caused by Coronavirus can rest assured that your warranty will be unaffected by this disruption. Motorcycles serviced within 3 months or 1,000 miles (whichever is earlier) of the service indicator will be protected in full by any applicable warranty.

For customers with a warranty expiry during the Coronavirus restrictions (from 14th March 2020 onwards), we will extend your warranty coverage, including Roadside Assistance cover, until 30th June 2020. End of warranty checks due during this period will also be fulfilled. Customers in self-isolation beyond 30th June should contact a BMW Centre to arrange for collection and delivery.

BMW will honour Service Inclusive packages expiring between 14th March and 30th June for any overdue work. We will honour any service due under a service package that has expired during the Coronavirus closures.

For any BMW motorcycle that is due a 600 mile running-in service during this period we have extended the mileage allowance to 1,200 miles (2,000km).

I got the same response when I asked BMW UK. Mine was due a service in May so I'm hoping that I can still fit it within the 3 month grace period, although I'd also be spitting my dummy out if a warranty claim was denied as a result of it being even up to 6 months late to be honest. I'm only at something like 3000 miles (I know, I need to ride it a lot more...) so it's not like anything should be worn out as a result of it just being late, so no justification for denying warranty work in my mind.

My nearest Motarrad opened for servicing yesterday - Chester Motarrad

I believe Williams in Manchester are too

Not much help I know, but they do seem to be resurfacing

I've been quoted £240 + VAT at Bowker for 6000 service... Booked next week

My 1250 GSA is due it’s 6000mile service soon. My local dealer is not even answering the phone at the moment so finding it difficult to get something sorted for the service. Does using an independent workshop invalidate the warranty ? Got a local guy who does a fantastic job on my other bikes and I’m thinking of letting him do the GSA......

Have a ride across to Alan Jefferies ,they are open .Can also get yourself a cappucicno/latte while your waiting :p

Booked mine in for July 15th,£215.

All sorted now......booked in for next Friday with service and new tyres.

No answer from the service line all morning. Tried the "sales hotline" and bingo, answered in two rings..........Told him what I wanted and he transferred me to the service dept.

Back
Top Bottom