Quadlock have competition

Looks good but the prices are just as fruity as Quadlock.

i use a quadlock on my gs and my mtb.

Rock solid and brilliant every time. You do need half a brain to understand how they connect together which is why some struggle.

Quadlock is very tight at first bit like a virgin but once a few insertions loosens nicely:D

This actually looks pretty good with an easier fit and release than quadlock, they even produced a version specially for Nutty.

https://sp-connect.co.uk/

If any of you have an iPhone or other device with a built in OPTICAL (not digital) image stabilisation, you may not want to use Quadlock, SP connect or any other form of mount fit the phone in your bikes, including MTBs.

The vibrations from the engine, suspension and riding over potholes, etc, does knacker the camera in your £1200 devices.

You have been warned!

I now have three confirmations of such thing happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the SP Connect KTM version for my 790 and iPhone X Max.

I also have the Quadlock for the same phone on another bike.

The SP Connect has no movement while the Quadlock has developed some.

If space is tight the Quadlock needs only a 45 deg turn while the SP Connect needs 90 deg.

I prefer the SP Connect case but its a close run thing between the two systems.

If any of you have an iPhone or other device with a built in OPTICAL (not digital) image stabilisation, you may not want to use Quadlock, SP connect or any other form of mount fit the phone in your bikes, including MTBs.

The vibrations from the engine, suspension and riding over potholes, etc, does knacker the camera in your £1200 devices.

You have been warned!

I now have three confirmations of such thing happening.

That's something I never considered.

The mount I will be sticking the SP Connect bracket to is on rubber dampers but considering your revelation.......I am now worried!!!

from my G8 ThinQ

That's something I never considered.

The mount I will be sticking the SP Connect bracket to is on rubber dampers but considering your revelation.......I am now worried!!!

from my G8 ThinQ

My step son works at Apple store. They rejected a claim of faulty camera after owner blabbed it that he used a phone mounted on a pushbikes while using Strava app for his weekend runs.

You Tuber TMF. Had sand happen to his phone (mentioned on a Bru Time Podcast)

When I met Bounce for a quick spin last Friday, service advisor at Jim Aim KTM has warned Bounce about quadlock and latest phones as it is a quite common issue.

I am glad to have a dedicated satnav for my bike and soon Apple car play in the van. Wife’s car already got it from the factory.

PS. Older iPhones that have digital IS, are fine and will not have this issue.

I have a Tom Tom but only use it occasionally.

I'm going to attach the SP Connect stick on bracket to the Tom Tom mount protective cover to use my phone when not using the dedicated SatNav.

from my G8 ThinQ

Well it's a cheap investment if it saves an expensive phone from possible damage - I've ordered one.

The SP Connect system is made of metal.

Well it's a cheap investment if it saves an expensive phone from possible damage - I've ordered one.

The SP Connect system is made of metal.

I’ve got SP connect system too, and prefer case ergonomics compared to quadlock.i also prefer full metal bike bracket. I use iPhone 7 at the moment. But I will likely to remove the lot in the near future.

Thanks for the information EVskij. :okay

I too have a GPS so I could put my phone on my person. I do have an iphone 8 Plus somewhere........

Maybe I’ve been lucky but my iPhone X has done probably 15-20 k miles on a mixture of GSA & road bike whilst mounted to a Quadlock.

It’s much less vibey than the Ram mount that probably did 30 k miles albeit with an iPhone 7.

If I have a problem with the camera, I will be sure to put it back in the Apple carry case before popping in to the shop.

Just totalled up two mounts, a case, and a couple of those anti vibration kits, £194.80. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom