Quadlock have competition

Last year my iPhone 7 camera went tits up after about 5K miles on my RT, bicycle and SP370 (single cylinder) Most of this was on tarmac, albeit a lot of untended Spanish C coded country roads

Apple replaced the camera for £60 and I have now bought a Buzz Kill Isolator https://shop-hondogarage.com/products/buzz-kill-vibration-isolator from the Excited States - let’s see if it works

All phones after the iPhone 6S Plus use the optical stabilisation system so when I upgrade to the new SE my wife will inherit the 7 and I will be looking for a good used 6S just for satnav (Pocket Earth) on the bike

OK, the 6 series may not be as weather resistant as later models but I will chuck a freezer bag over it in heavy rain!

Attachments

• 2FD16C16-5E31-404C-869D-46034879DB54.jpg
    2FD16C16-5E31-404C-869D-46034879DB54.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 179
Got my case and mount this week. Annoyingly, their case for the iPhone XS Max is the same as the one for the new iPhone 11, even though the one on their website shows the correct case, so the cut out for the camera is twice as big as it should be, leaving a large part of the phone exposed around the camera.

I’ve emailed them twice, but they’ve ignored both emails, which is a shame, as the kit is of a very high quality.

Also, they aren’t based in the UK, even though their website would have you believe they are, so delivery is around 4-5 working days.

I got my SP-Connect anti vibration mount a couple of days ago. It came from Germany.

I like it. One advantage for me is that this mount improves the clearance as it's a bit thicker.

I have this mount on my KTM 790.

I have the anti vibration mount with my iPhone X Max.

I'm very happy with it and the mount, being thicker, makes the clearance to the handguard perfect.

Came from Germany and I'm delighted with it.

Attachments

• KTM 780.jpeg
    KTM 780.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 126
I have the anti vibration mount with my iPhone X Max.

I'm very happy with it and the mount, being thicker, makes the clearance to the handguard perfect.

Came from Germany and I'm delighted with it.

Did they send you the proper case for your phone, or does it have the oversized cut out for the camera?

I got the KTM branded case from KTM (Gear4motorcycles) for the iPhone X and the handlebar mount as well. The case is the correct one for the iPhone. They didn't have it in stock but it didn't take long to come.

I have only bought an extra mount mount (for another bike) and the Anti Vibration mount from Germany. :okay

Back
Top Bottom