Triumph T90

Deleted account 210901001

Reaction score
Thinking about getting one.

Any experts on here.

Reliability , ridability etc.

I’ve never owned an old bike but have been offered one built the year I was born.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any old Triumph needs 1 hour maintenance for every 4 hours of riding. Not at all like a modern bike (even a BMW). But a T90 is a lovely little machine.

I ran a 350, 'twenty-one' (upgraded to T90, 27 bhp!), as a commuter bike back in the day, as well as a 350 Tri-Greeves (Silverstone lookalike) for sunny Sundays . The 21 was a nice enough ride, great for a bimble around, but a tad vibey at speed. In fairness, both my 350s were reliable & leak free, but they had been fully rebuilt, fettled & serviced regularly (1500 mile oil changes FFS).

You may find the tiger100ss/daytona preferable; just that bit more punch (but remember everything is relative).

I tend to agree with Squibb. Go for the 500 not the 350. You will not regret it.

Thanks for the input.

I’m genuinely grateful as I am clueless in these matters.

It’s basically because it’s a 66, same year as me.

It’ll only get ridden few times a year I’d guess

Thanks for the input.

I’m genuinely grateful as I am clueless in these matters.

It’s basically because it’s a 66, same year as me.

It’ll only get ridden few times a year I’d guess

Go for it ... the 350 engines much sweeter that the 500's :rob

:beerjug:

Good article on Triumph 350s in last month's Classic Bike Guide if you can get your hands on a copy. Mostly features the 21 but might give you an idea on the genre

I missed out on this little gem a few weeks back :blast

T901.jpg

T902.jpg

T903.jpg

Well I suppose it depends on what you want. A refurbished model ready to ride or a wreck like the one in the pictures that you are going to sort out. You have to be good with the tools or know somebody who is. If you buy that Purple one I think that you will quickly be disappointed, unless.....

Sorry for the late reply. I owned a T90, reg JPD48C for many years. I got it up and running from a rusty heap over several years. Wasn't concours but threw lots of parts at it to make a good looker imho. Nice to ride and handled well. Engine and gearbox were solid.

Back
Top Bottom