FZ-1 Fuzeblock Installation

(RIP) Spangle

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet & bought one from Nippy Norm.

Being a non electrical bod, can anybody tell me what I do with my switched feed into the FZ1? The instructions simply say run cable from +VT input (J1) to a switched power source on the vehicle. My switched feed is a pair of wires (live - red & black - ground). If I attach the live red to FZ1 where does the black go?

Any help most gratefully received!

PS: I also purchased a wiring harness which includes a Posi-Tap, (blue in pic) is this part of the solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6447b036ef11616d1eb832457a6a2270.jpg

I finally bit the bullet & bought one from Nippy Norm.

Being a non electrical bod, can anybody tell me what I do with my switched feed into the FZ1? The instructions simply say run cable from +VT input (J1) to a switched power source on the vehicle. My switched feed is a pair of wires (live - red & black - ground). If I attach the live red to FZ1 where does the black go?

Any help most gratefully received!

PS: I also purchased a wiring harness which includes a Posi-Tap, (blue in pic) is this part of the solution?

6447b036ef11616d1eb832457a6a2270.jpg

Lift the unit of the instructions and read the line that says, take a -Ve feed from the battery to the Gnd terminal on the block where you connected your +Ve wire
And your switched live +Ve goes into the connector block as well

so you should have -Ve(negative from battery to GND terminal) +12Ve (Switched live to +VT terminal) +12Ve (Positive from battery to +12VDC terminal)

https://www.fuzeblocks.com/docs/fz-1-installation.pdf

Cheers Santa, what happens with the ground wire from the switched pair?

You shouldn't need a second ground, as it's all part of the same circuit.
All the switched live feed is doing is powering up a relay (switch), which then lets the big current flow from the battery leads you connected, to the unit, where you then distribute them to wherever.

Its very simple

Run a lead from the negative -Ve side of your battery direct to the -Ve terminal on the fuzeblock

Run a lead from te positive +Ve side of your battery direct to the +Ve Terminal on the fuzeblock

Run your switched live +Ve cable to the switched live terminal on the fuzeblock

Thats all you need to get power & switched power to the unit.

From there all your leads are for your accessory and come from the fuzeblock to the accessory

Your getting confused with your original switched live pair ;) you dont need aground -Ve wire for your switched live pair

This highlights my switched feed, the sheath contains two wires, one red & one black. The red live has gone to the FZ1 as described, but I'm not sure what happens to Mr Black...
a085da5688e6f84cf82c5e6bf4e73fb1.jpg

This highlights my switched feed, the sheath contains two wires, one red & one black. The red live has gone to the FZ1 as described, but I'm not sure what happens to Mr Black...
a085da5688e6f84cf82c5e6bf4e73fb1.jpg

Arghhhhh ...

I obviously didnt make it clear ;)

the wires on the left circled - RIP THEM OUT!!! your getting hung up on them literally

start from scratch -

Get 2 lengths of red wire mark 1 +12V Mark the other +12V switched Get one length of Black wire and mark it -12V

Run the black wire -12V from the battery "-" terminal to the gnd terminal on the fuzeblock

Run the Red wire marked +12V from the battery "+" terminal to the +12V tterminal on the fuze block

Run the red wire marked +12V switched to the point on the bike where you took the original switched +12V from (swap your original switched live for the new one and remove the old red & black

wires and throw them away ) run the free end of the +12V switched to the terminal on the fuzeblock

Thats it ...

The other option is take the pair of wires (circled) that you seem to be hung up about and connect the switched live (red wire) into the fuzeblock switched live terminal
and the black wire GND into the Gnd terminal on the fuze block

You still need to run a seperate +12V feed to the fuzeblock +12V terminal

Without sounding rude or patronising, if your struggling at this stage, it may be best to take it to an auto electrician

It's all done now thanks. I just capped the black & ran the red to the live switched terminal on the black. I'd already wired the + & - from the battery to the block and the + & - of the devices I wanted switched.

The confusion was partly because the ringed pair in the pic were my long standing switched feed since I bought the bike 10 years ago, I don't actually know where they come from so it would've felt a bit reckless just ripping them out as you described.

Your help was appreciated, thanks

It's all done now thanks. I just capped the black & ran the red to the live switched terminal on the black. I'd already wired the + & - from the battery to the block and the + & - of the devices I wanted switched.

The confusion was partly because the ringed pair in the pic were my long standing switched feed since I bought the bike 10 years ago, I don't actually know where they come from so it would've felt a bit reckless just ripping them out as you described.

Your help was appreciated, thanks

It wouldn't have been reckless ;) , it would have given you a clean install thats all

all done though, thats all that matters :)

Back
Top Bottom