Screen supports

kwallace21

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello,
The only thing I dislike about my 18 plate Rallye adventure is the wobbling screen. Looking to get some supports. Which ones do the best job? Cymark ones look good but also looking at the Puig ones. Can imagine I'll need to adjust on the move so maybe the Cymark ones will be more effective?

I have the Cymarc ones on my GSA. The actual brackets are very well made and they support the screen well, but the stainless fixings and thumb screw are poor quality. Whilst in lockdown, I've replaced the ones on mine for better quality torx head fixings and a slightly longer thumb screws, so a nyloc nut will fit on them, to prevent them unwinding and dropping out. This also allows them to be left slightly lose, so I can adjust the screen on the go whilst it is still supported.

Puig ones do not require loosening and tightening to adjust.

Just fitted a Puig screen support and it seems very solid but easy to adjust using the original adjustment knob

Mmm, puig seems the way to go methinks.

Unless Puig have changed their design, the major difference between Puig and Cymarc brackets is that the Puig support only support the left side, while the Cymarc brackets support both sides.

In my point of view, any support is better than nothing. Two brackets is better than one.

Even on the Cymarc brackets it is possible to tighten the screws loose enough to where you may adjust the screen without touching the lock-screws. But keep in mind, the BMW screen adjustment screw is a made of plastic and breaks easy if loaded too much.

I personally use the Cymarc brackets. I do lock them to where they need to be unlocked in order to adjust the screen. This is preferable to do when at standstill, but it is easy to do while riding, preferably at low speed and in low traffic situation :D

I have the Puig ones (support both sides) and they are very ggod. No need to loosen anything to adjust the screen, just turn the screen adjuster as normal

Unless Puig have changed their design, the major difference between Puig and Cymarc brackets is that the Puig support only support the left side

That's the shite GIVI one that support the left only.

Don't know how much they are at Pyramid but Busters on eBay have some Puig ones offered with free postage..

Mmmm this has raised a question. I could do with a bit of extra height from my screen but I don’t want to change the screen or add top attachments. Can you buy screen supports that will fit the OEM screen fixing and allow you to raise the screen by say an extra couple of centimetres?

Mmmm this has raised a question. I could do with a bit of extra height from my screen but I don’t want to change the screen or add top attachments. Can you buy screen supports that will fit the OEM screen fixing and allow you to raise the screen by say an extra couple of centimetres?

Just read on the linky that it will raise the OE screen by an extra 8 centimetres. Kwallace, let us know how you get on.

Back
Top Bottom