Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE

Snelly55

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had a pair of these fitted to my 1250GS this week and they have been transformational! Have done 240 miles so far and after being scrubbed in, they’ve become so good! Bike feels lighter and nimble, suspension feels great, really stable and loads of grip. Confidence inspiring.

Highly recommended.

Any new tyre, after you have ridden in on the old one - will feel ‘transformational’

You got used to 1000 miles of old tyre.

Thanks for the education bud. I hadn’t thought about that.

I had a pair of these fitted to my 1250GS this week and they have been transformational! Have done 240 miles so far and after being scrubbed in, they’ve become so good! Bike feels lighter and nimble, suspension feels great, really stable and loads of grip. Confidence inspiring.

Highly recommended.

What did you have on before?

I even liked Anakees to start with, now keen to get back to Roadtec 01s

What is difference in SE please I know 01 but SE 01 is newer.

What is difference in SE please I know 01 but SE 01 is newer.

I have a set of 01 Se going on the multi next week

I have been using the 01 since they were launched and IMO they are the best tyre you could possibly get.
The SE has a slick softer edge for harder cornering I think. dual compound and more silica

best wet weather tyre money can buy and as good in the dry as you could hope

I have a set of 01 Se going on the multi next week

I have been using the 01 since they were launched and IMO they are the best tyre you could possibly get.
The SE has a slick softer edge for harder cornering I think. dual compound and more silica

best wet weather tyre money can buy and as good in the dry as you could hope

What type of average mileage does the 01 give please? I’m looking at new tyres in the next month. Had road trail 5 on my TB, but the wear pattern on the front was not good, it squared of and gave flat spots.

Not sure what the SE will do miles wise but I was getting at least 5K from a rear on the S1000XR and the KTM 1290 and I am fairly hard on tyres.

I always swap a pair but know that many don't I reckon that 2 rears to a front would be doable

Apart from all the gripand feel from the 01 the thing I really liked was the comfort and that is hard to quantify but they just feel smooth, nice, comfy

Not sure what the SE will do miles wise but I was getting at least 5K from a rear on the S1000XR and the KTM 1290 and I am fairly hard on tyres.

I always swap a pair but know that many don't I reckon that 2 rears to a front would be doable

Apart from all the gripand feel from the 01 the thing I really liked was the comfort and that is hard to quantify but they just feel smooth, nice, comfy

thanks RedRick

Highly recommended.

The size of the tyres are 120/70R19 and 170/60R17 ?? Here in Portugal we can't get those sizes of roadtec 01 se.

I will get hung for this , but .. if you like to push the GS ( as your opting for road tyres ) be aware that the front tyre is designed more as a wet tyre , thus it has a lot of sipes , this compounded with hard riding , tyre heat and hard braking can make them a bit squirmey , ie they feel loose …..on the front , rear is fine. I will now whip myself with the wanker stick ,, sorry but that's what I have found ( tried 2 sets )

I will get hung for this , but .. if you like to push the GS ( as your opting for road tyres ) be aware that the front tyre is designed more as a wet tyre , thus it has a lot of sipes , this compounded with hard riding , tyre heat and hard braking can make them a bit squirmey , ie they feel loose …..on the front , rear is fine. I will now whip myself with the wanker stick ,, sorry but that's what I have found ( tried 2 sets )

Very good opinion, I suppose will only matter for very very few riders on GS "hard riding" but good point maybe if fully loaded "very heavy" will they do the same more important.

And you were considering Scorpion Trails ?

Seriously if you can over heat a Roadtec then your fucked with Scorpion trails

I nearly went for M9R but bottled it cos its bound to piss it down when im 800 miles from home

Just put M9’s on my 1250. They are brilliant and the road tests say wet weather grip is vastly improved over the M7’s.

Back
Top Bottom