Bike too loud? No go areas in Austria

Try learning another language. It may come in handy sometime.
Translation has alreay been given.....

Some bods on this site struggle hard enough with even the concept of buying Swiss motorway vignettes. I am simply, in a mildly humorous way, trying to help them get a bit more information on these, so called: 'Make yer noise, save lives' stickers mentioned in post 36 and, more importantly, where to get them.

Here is some help:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.motorradonline.de/&prev=search

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.motorradonline.de/&prev=search

Which brought me to:

710fdf1e14746b8752c9c111a4e1809d.jpg

Now, to my English eye, that screen shot with FAKE plastered across it looks remarkably like the German article, shared in post 36 along with its comment that Kenny Rodkiss couldn't see how selling the 'Bring your thunder to Austria' passes might benefit the local population. That, if correct, might well indicate that the whole of post 36 (besides being predominently in German) is all bollocks. Please don't tell me that you, as a German speaker no less, fell for it?

So, Myke Rocks, here is a simple question: What is the truth? Can bikermates * buy Austrian 'Make as much noise as you like stickers' and if so from where and for how much? An answer in English would be preferable but German, if you must :D :beerjug:

* Bikerfreunde, though I am much taken with the unlikely possibility that it might be Biker Kumpels.

If the article is true, it only gives an extra 5db, up to 100db. It says, they can bought at filling stations near the border or via automobile clubs, their equivalent of the AA or RAC etc

Literally translated, the heading say they 'are rowing back' from the original legislation...

If the article is true, it only gives an extra 5db, up to 100db. It says, they can bought at filling stations near the border or via automobile clubs, their equivalent of the AA or RAC etc

Literally translated, the heading say they 'are rowing back' from the original legislation...

You mean the one with FAKE plastered across it? The one where Motorrad magazine say they 'Have already taken legal action' whatever that means? I do hope they have taken advice from UKGSer's rapid response legal team. Maybe the words, 'Fake' and 'Have already taken legal action' don't translate too well from German, via Google? Myke Rocks will be able to correct it :teacher

Oooh, wait a minute. Maybe the Motorrad article and website saying that it is fake, is itself a fake? Never mind if so, Myke Rocks will be able to tell us, no doubt.

:D

:popcorn

If planning on Austria/CH & possibly Germany idc, it looks like we shall have to indent for a CoC if the dB(A) is not shown on the V5.

Strange to see the AT right up at the max 95 dB @ 3750 too - my 2014 Super10 comes in at 89 dB @ 3625 yet I would have put them on a par.

All my 2012> bikes have the Db(A) quoted on their V5s, but my 2006 Electraglide leaves Sound levels U1-3 & Exhaust Emissions V1-5 blank. Hardly surprising as back then EGs were registered without a UK legal number plate mounting, no cat or ABS. Amusing to think the old girl has potatoed it's way along virtually all the roads covered by the new Austrian legislation in it's time.

Still, having witnessed some of the madness up the Hahntennjoch on several occasions I do have some sympathy with the locals, but loud pipes would be the least of my worries TBH. Some of the German riders seem to enjoy playing chicken as they race to the top; the overtakes are more like Russian Roulette actually. That's the difference with us Brits - we seem to have an inbuilt desire to enjoy the experience the mountains offer whilst remembering that we still have to ride at least 1000 miles to get home in one piece. When you witness the aftermath of 2 riders colliding head-on at high speed..........shall we just say it aint pretty.

Y Never mind if so, Myke Rocks will be able to tell us, no doubt.
Oh Dear. All I did was provide a translation of Filling station, and now I am supposed to know about Austrian documentation in which I have no interest, since when I go to Austria, I am, like here, totally law abiding. I have no desire to try and get the local's heartbeats racing in resonance with the saucepipe of my awesome steed.

There are quite a few bikes that fall foul of the 95db, including the Austrian police Ducati Multistrada 1260 :D Now withdrawn from the passes.

Motorrad Lärmfahrverbot

List of bikes/db's toward the end of article.

The U1 is the static noise. U2 is the revs measured at and U3 the passing noise.
Mines 90 - blank - 80 :thumb2

Oh Dear. All I did was provide a translation of Filling station, and now I am supposed to know about Austrian documentation in which I have no interest, since when I go to Austria, I am, like here, totally law abiding. I have no desire to try and get the local's heartbeats racing in resonance with the saucepipe of my awesome steed.

Too late to back down now, Myke.

You are hereby appointed as official UKGSer envoy to Austria. You have 48 hours to report back with full details of all things bike and biker ASAP. In German and English, with other languages to be provided on demand.

This is an unpaid position, but will look good on your CV.

EDIT: You would of course be entitled to take the boss's yacht for such official business. Sadly, poor old Austria is landlocked.

You are hereby appointed as official UKGSer envoy to Austria. You have 48 hours to report back with full details of all things bike and biker ASAP. In German and English, with other languages to be provided on demand.

EDIT: You would of course be entitled to take the boss's yacht for such official business. Sadly, poor old Austria is landlocked.

There will also be a hat with a feather, naturally.

Switzerland is landlocked. They cope. I’d suggest the failed Germans use the Danube.

Doesn't matter. I will use his helicopter.
Being landlocked did not stop Austria having a Navy in past days!

I think it’s actually a good idea, hope it comes to UK too

Noise pollution is awful, for residents

I couldn't agree less. I live in rural Lincolnshire & love to hear sports bike exhausts roaring in the distance when I'm in the garden or out walking the dog.

Your ‘Roaring in the distance’ is someone else’s ‘Roaring past their front door’. Once you make that leap in understanding, you’ll maybe grasp the relevance and then the significance of the complaints. Anyway, sports bikes are all ridden by wankers, I read it here.

Back
Top Bottom