Dunlop Trailmax Meridian

PR 5's on my last r1200gsa howled , sounded like a landrover being driven at road speeds on off road tyres

Not on mine. And not reported by anyone else running PR5s. Maybe something is wrong with your bike - the noise is not from the PR5s.

Well took the front wheel off and went into the dealers, they stuck it on the blancing machine and there is no run out on the rim and the tyre is correctly balanced, put it all back together and checked the tyre pressures again and they were fine .

Took the bike out for a run and the shimmy is if anything getting worse, decelerate from 55mph on a closed throttle and the bars start to oscillate quite severely worsening as it drops through 40 to 30 before it calms down.
Try it again with your hands lightly gripping the bars and there is a good 3cms movement at the grips and if the bike didn't have telelever but conventional forks it would result in a tank slapper.
Also at a steady 70mph you can feel a very light oscillation through the bars .
Have sent Dunlop an E Mail and dealer is aware but I am going in this morning to see what other tyres they have in stock as I am not riding the bike on these ones

Well took the front wheel off and went into the dealers, they stuck it on the blancing machine and there is no run out on the rim and the tyre is correctly balanced, put it all back together and checked the tyre pressures again and they were fine .

Took the bike out for a run and the shimmy is if anything getting worse, decelerate from 55mph on a closed throttle and the bars start to oscillate quite severely worsening as it drops through 40 to 30 before it calms down.
Try it again with your hands lightly gripping the bars and there is a good 3cms movement at the grips and if the bike didn't have telelever but conventional forks it would result in a tank slapper.
Have sent Dunlop an E Mail and dealer is aware but I am going in this morning to see what other tyres they have in stock as I am not riding the bike on these ones

So correct tyre must have bad problem inside, mine no problems at all, at all speed, and in bad weather also, but when in head must go away.

Well Dunlops warranty is neither use nor f#cking ornament, they say to return the tyre via your retailer and we will examine it, we will pay for the retailer to return it if you purchase another tyre from us ie another Dunlop Trailmax Meridian.
Considering there has apparently already been a safety recall on tne Meridians there is no way I am purchasing another possible faulty tyre.
Will get the dealer to order up some Trail Attack 3's tomorrow and when the Meridians are taken off I will either send it back myself or stick a knife through the sidewall of what are basically new tyres and send the F#cking things back directly to Dunlop

Well Dunlops warranty is neither use nor f#cking ornament, they say to return the tyre via your retailer and we will examine it, we will pay for the retailer to return it if you purchase another tyre from us ie another Dunlop Trailmax Meridian.
Considering there has apparently already been a safety recall on tne Meridians there is no way I am purchasing another possible faulty tyre.
Will get the dealer to order up some Trail Attack 3's tomorrow and when the Meridians are taken off I will either send it back myself or stick a knife through the sidewall of what are basically new tyres and send the F#cking things back directly to Dunlop

The TA3 will make you happy , can’t remember my PR 5 being noisy at all , just grippy as hell but made of chocolate. Let us know how the TA feel as not sure if you have used them before .

This always makes me wonder....

You didn't purchase the tyre from Dunlop.......you purchased it from your dealer.

In Ireland, that tyre would be chucked on the counter of said dealer and if it wasn't sorted......there would be a scene!!!

(cheeky feckers)

from my G8 ThinQ

i had the exact same behaviour with a Pirelli scorpion 2 a few months back. spent ages trying to figure out the problem.
Stuck a part worn i had on, no balancing or anything and it was instantly fixed.

Made a more sport ride yesterday, they drop in very fast, had to check my pants many times, so slowly getting used to them, but overall, quite happy.

Made a more sport ride yesterday, they drop in very fast, had to check my pants many times, so slowly getting used to them, but overall, quite happy.

Any update on these Winjar with some extra miles?

I'm considering a set for my Honda Crosstourer.

Any update on these Winjar with some extra miles?

I'm considering a set for my Honda Crosstourer.

I only can say, I am happy very very good in wet, and at my speed happy, tire still look new and 3000 kms, no problem like say above, man must have bad tire.

I only can say, I am happy very very good in wet, and at my speed happy, tire still look new and 3000 kms, no problem like say above, man must have bad tire.
Thanks for the quick reply

S20 5G sent this......

Thanks for the quick reply

S20 5G sent this......

You welcome, small add, my work frend from Germany arrive in Amsterdam this morning on bike, I see he have Meridian also, he ride 9500 kms and say he like more than, PST2

Back
Top Bottom