What a Beauty!

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had my first proper ride for months today. I rode down to Chippenham to fetch my drone from Rob. Then came back through some Cotswold lanes, I came off the main road from Stow because there were idiots, and I mean idiots, howling past so close the wind shook me, they were so fast I couldn't even tell you what colour the bikes were. Just total nutters - easily 120mph + and they were within a foot or so of me as they came past, three of them, one after the other, maybe 1 second intervals... I'll be honest, as thery went past it made me wobble. How we didn't end up crashing I don't know. BUT, the little 650 was silky smooth, comfortable, soft over the bumpy bits, just wonderful. The lanes with gravel up the middle are good for dodging crotch missiles.

Going down there it was 112.6 miles to the Morrisons petrol station in Chippenham. I brimmed her with petrol, even a little dribble out of the bottom breather hole in the bayonet mount. £5.58 it took for 5.6 litres. :D Such a fantastic motorbike. Round trip was 246 miles. I got home on that tankful, I haven't filled yet to see how much the return trip took.

I had my first proper ride for months today. I rode down to Chippenham to fetch my drone from Rob. Then came back through some Cotswold lanes, I came off the main road from Stow because there were idiots, and I mean idiots, howling past so close the wind shook me, they were so fast I couldn't even tell you what colour the bikes were. Just total nutters - easily 120mph + and they were within a foot or so of me as they came past, three of them, one after the other, maybe 1 second intervals... I'll be honest, as thery went past it made me wobble. How we didn't end up crashing I don't know. BUT, the little 650 was silky smooth, comfortable, soft over the bumpy bits, just wonderful. The lanes with gravel up the middle are good for dodging crotch missiles.

Going down there it was 112.6 miles to the Morrisons petrol station in Chippenham. I brimmed her with petrol, even a little dribble out of the bottom breather hole in the bayonet mount. £5.58 it took for 5.6 litres. :D Such a fantastic motorbike. Round trip was 246 miles. I got home on that tankful, I haven't filled yet to see how much the return trip took.

Welcome too the club Simon :thumb

:beerjug:

No pictures ?

I can't find what I did with the camera!

Well here's one of mine to be going on with :D

i-Vq9XvvK-L.jpg

:beerjug::beerjug:

Nice one, good to be out again.

Back
Top Bottom