Good quality braces?

vee5

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've had some Oxford braces for ages and they are getting tatty so it's time for some braces. They need to be clip on (not velcro/button) and have plastic teeth rather than metal. What I'd really like is some that have better quality clips than my current Oxford ones but all the ones I've seen have cheap pressed metal clips like the Oxford ones which sometimes catch on my tshirts :(. It's not a major problem but it's annoying (first world problem I know). :D

These Halvarssons ones look like they might have a better quality clip - anyone got a pair?
HAL183_1.jpg

I've also been looking at these "airport braces" as they have plastic clips but I'm not sure if they'll have a good enough grip on me keks - anyone used em, or got any other suggestions for better quality clip on braces?

I have the Halvarssons ones and they are great. The clips are plastic lined, so they don’t cut into the trousers. I also have a pair of the plastic clipped airport braces. These are not that great, as the plastic clips don’t hold that well and the clips are bulky and can dig in when sat on the bike.

I have the Halvarssons ones and they are great. The clips are plastic lined, so they don’t cut into the trousers. I also have a pair of the plastic clipped airport braces. These are not that great, as the plastic clips don’t hold that well and the clips are bulky and can dig in when sat on the bike.

Thanks Victor, exactly the info I was looking for! :beerjug: I'm trying to avoid sewing buttons/ velcro etc onto the trousers as they are laminate Goretex - totally waterproof so I don't want to risk changing that....

I have Brimarc braces. Mine have metal clips but see the link above for the airport variety with plastic clips. The metal clips do not seem to have damaged the BMW Rallye 3 trousers I use them with. I doubt laminated kit will be affected as the waistband has all sorts of stuff stitched into it such as fasteners, adjusters, labels and belt loops.

Back
Top Bottom