Seat nets...do they keep you cool?

Think there are copies available..Dellboy will know

Wow. I’ve just been on summat called alibaba. Never realised how much cheap Chinese knockoff crap there is about. Mind you. I did like the look of the tool box for $40

Think there are copies available..Dellboy will know

Yup nippy is way too expensive, i got mine for £17 which inc post. Thought they were worth a punt at that price. Turned out they are pretty dammed good. Don’t know what price they are now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only difference between a genuine one and the Chinese version is one has a brand label.

And of course about 70 pounds

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Wow. I’ve just been on summat called alibaba. Never realised how much cheap Chinese knockoff crap there is about. Mind you. I did like the look of the tool box for $40

Alibaba , Wish ,AliExpress all much the same.
Oh and I bought one of the covers from the guy who makes the originals - coolcovers , yes they do work and yes they add around 10mm to the seat height.

Bought a set of Chinese covers for my LC from these pages last week.

I also have original https://www.coolcovers.co.uk on another bike. Chinese Quality/fit is similar I would say.

Certainly improve comfort on both bikes, cool, as airflow runs below backside. Dry, as water does not pool when raining

Recommended, just decide if you want to support Uk economy at.a cost, or go cheap Chinese. Vendor told me that the Chinese ones took ages to be delivered.

Haven’t bought from Nippy for years, other suppliers websites much easier to navigate.

Yep cool nuts , and never a sweaty crack .
May look odd but if you ride for long days it’s like beer in the pub a perfect mix .

I got the cool covers one and a chinese copy, the cool covers one works better as the material is less compressible than the chinese copy, but not sure it's worth 3 times the price. I was skeptical but have to say that yes, they do work, it's a strange feeling when you get a bit of speed up as there is air flowing under your backside, you feel it more if in jeans. It did a cracking job in high 30's C last year around slovenia, it also does seem to help with comfort as probably helps blood flow / pressure point relief. It does look like Hilda Ogdens hair net, but hey, that worked as well :)

I sold my Chinese copy to a mate and kept the Cool Cover for the reasons above.

The only difference between a genuine one and the Chinese version is one has a brand label.

And of course about 70 pounds

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

That's not strictly true, the Coll Cover material is thicker, and a wider weave, and seems to compress less, bu it's not worth 3 times the price of a chinese copy (I've got both, Cool Cover for dual seats, chinky for rallye seat)

I've had these on my last 3 bikes, they definitely work, and add comfort too on long rides.

Seems the consensus is that these are worth it. So Arsey, are you going to drape these useless bits of tat over your mighty then ? Asking for a friend.

Seems the consensus is that these are worth it. So Arsey, are you going to drape these useless bits of tat over your mighty then ? Asking for a friend.

No, because my Husky has a nice new suede seat which is cool anyway and would look ridiculous on my ATAS with blue seats . Doubt they do them for a 30 year old GS .

Many thanks Delboy and lads, not just for the positive affirmations, but also the bargain prices, I was gonna go to Nippo’s

Excellent feedback....yet again!

Suede is a bit sticky tho (excuse the pun) the cool cover does work , my Husky 450 had a seat like a ping pong bat , my 990 SMT had a suede seat as well , stuck to my bum like a jam sandwich . 🍺

Suede is a bit sticky tho (excuse the pun) the cool cover does work , my Husky 450 had a seat like a ping pong bat , my 990 SMT had a suede seat as well , stuck to my bum like a jam sandwich .

I’m not putting some cheap Chinese tat on this :)

d8cb570f013a0355ed0d4d36ebd3df69.jpg

Back
Top Bottom