Seat nets...do they keep you cool?

I’ve found that adding some perforated anti slip rubber matting ( the type you put in the bottom off a toolbox drawer) protects the existing seat from wearing on the edges. This happened on my last bike with Sargent seat. It also adds to the comfort to the extent where I’ve not felt the need to change the original GS seat which is a first for me having had mostly a Sargent seat and others previously. I’ve also put some clear plastic protection on the tank where the cool cover touches it.
Obviously if you don’t cover many miles then the cool cover probably won’t harm your existing seat or paintwork.
Cheers.

They may be the best thing since iced gonads, but, I just couldn't put one on my bike they look like Ena Sharples on a bad day.

Why are you old duffers so worried about how things look?

Like it's going to make any significant difference to your life?

If you're that bothered about looks why did you buy a GS ?:D

So your old enough to remember Ena then :nenau:comfort:augie:D

Indeed, fortunately my butt allows me to sit on it without overheating, maybe it is the lack of spare calorie storage within.
If that mesh fixed knackered knees I might be interested, still looks shite though.

Well, what a load of shite the cool cover is. I lasted 10 miles before taking it off and sticking it in the pannier. Was sliding around all over the seat.

Indeed, fortunately my butt allows me to sit on it without overheating, maybe it is the lack of spare calorie storage within.
If that mesh fixed knackered knees I might be interested, still looks shite though.

Ahh, knackered knees, now i can sympathise with you on that, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a shame.
I have two pairs of trousers that don’t slide about but the Twat trousers do.

I was wearing jeans, maybe the Rukka trousers might not slip as much, but I wasn’t impressed.

I reckon the cover will trash the seat if left on for a number of months or even years, as it had already started to leave deep grooves where it was fitted, in such a short space of time.

I was wearing jeans, maybe the Rukka trousers might not slip as much, but I wasn’t impressed.

I reckon the cover will trash the seat if left on for a number of months or even years, as it had already started to leave deep grooves where it was fitted, in such a short space of time.

My Rukka’s doesn’t slip.
Also as I’ve mentioned before the perforated anti slip rubber matting not only protects the seat but makes my std BMW seat more comfortable. It makes it less soft/bouncy thus less arse ache. Definitely worth trying if you haven’t already.

I know it’s not a GS but I ordered a set for my GreATASt and they arrived today.
Seem well made and fit well.
I bought the slightly overpriced Cool Covers original as wanted them for a trip in 2 weeks and couldn’t be arsed to wait months for some Ali rip off,which I bet won’t be as thick and well made !

f1ecdae001d82f21b5ca6a24f7d5d1e7.jpg

Has anyone tried the seat nets supplied by Nippy, they are supposed to keep you nice and cool down below, and help reduce Betty Swallocks, anyone using them?
Ta

Don't use Robbing Normans I sourced off Ebay exact same seat cover for Rider and Passenger for £13 inc postage

I know it’s not a GS but I ordered a set for my GreATASt and they arrived today.
I bought the slightly overpriced Cool Covers original as wanted them for a trip in 2 weeks and couldn’t be arsed to wait months for some Ali rip off,which I bet won’t be as thick and well made !

Love the bottle bank 🍺pity about the bike

I’m sure you will be happy, and good move getting the genuine item, slightly overpriced? Maybe, but they are thicker and seem much better made. I had the clones first then bought the genuine.

Back
Top Bottom