Testing riding a 1290 Super Adv next week.

Does anyone have spoked wheels? I think they look considerably smarter and robust.

So I drove to the KTM Centre in Hemel Hempstead and spent an hour on the 1290SA. It was bloody epic. Great weather protection sitting on the M25, huge character and grin factor with the 160bhp motor on country roads and £12,500! I think I might be turning orange.

PS the recommendation for the Ergo seat was spot on.
Bought mine from KTM Centre in March. Had my first service today. Think their service and setup is great. If you're after clothes, they have a 40% off sale on everything at the moment.

I found a 1290SAS with an Ergo seat but the additional 0.8 inch makes the bike too tool for my 5'8 frame. Honda Africa Twin Adv Sport on order.

I found a 1290SAS with an Ergo seat but the additional 0.8 inch makes the bike too tool for my 5'8 frame. Honda Africa Twin Adv Sport on order.

Blimey, that’s a bit random, you couldn’t get two more dissimilar bikes..........

Anyway, enjoy the Honda :)

Andres

OK, so for options....

...Another 60 BHP or some plastic surgery to put a permanent grin on your face.

I’m the same size as you - when I bought my 1190R (from a member of this parish) it had the ergo seats - definitely too high for me!
However the standard seat was significantly better and despite what some folks say, I found it perfectly comfortable.
Final solution :)eek:) was a second hand seat from EBay which was modified by the legend that is Tony Archer!
Happy Days!:thumb

Back
Top Bottom