Hello from Lincolnshire

Eurodat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm about to collect my 2019 R1250GS Rallye TE and cant wait.

Its 4 years since I last had a GS and that was a 2009 air cooled, so the 1250GS test ride this week was a bit of a shock. The only thing that felt similar was the riding position. Everything else was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. What a bike it is now.

Hoping to meet many of you once the lock down is over.

Cheers :thumb

Bet you can't wait, Eurodat! :bounce1:

On the subject of Marshalls, I went to their Grimsby dealership once once and never made the mistake again.

I had a Triumph Tiger Explorer at the time. I told the salesman I was looking at options for swapping in a few months, and asked what I'd be looking at to trade in and buy a 12-month old R1200GS an example. He said it was pointless giving me any figures because prices change all the time so they would be irrelevant in a few months. I explained that I was seeing what the trade-in values are like now at different places to narrow down my options when I actually come to change, and whilst I don't expect anyone to hold a price, comparing like for like at the same point in time means the highest is probably still highest in a few months, and the lowest still the lowest, and at least it gives me an idea. He still didn't want to give me a price, so I persisted a bit more, surprised at a salesman's lack of interest in a lead. Eventually I persuaded him to begrudgingly take a few details, and he phoned me later to give me a trade-in price £1000 less than anywhere else.

When I browsed the small Motorrad section of their mainly car showroom, I noticed nothing bigger than an F750GS in there. He said they had nothing else new in stock, and that people ordered anything bigger in (without test rides).

I never went back. Bought elsewhere. Most people in the south half of Lincolnshire seem to travel to Sycamore in Peterborough instead, which has a much better reputation.

Back
Top Bottom