The Dreaded Oil Leak!

Rotaxmaxracer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After getting a whiff of burning oil for the past few weeks, I have now got the dreaded puddle of engine oil at the back and in the tray.

Mine is a 61 reg TC, I know it's a major job and the bike has to be split, but does anyone know approximately what it might cost?

I'm guessing £800-£1k, would that be right?

Don't really want to go to a main dealer, so does anyone know any experts in the Midlands that will do a good job at a reasonable price?

Many thanks

Where's the oil coming from? Some times the camchain tensioner can leak on the left cylinder. The oil drips onto the exhaust!
Funnily enough I just fixed the one on my rt. A little nip with a 15mms socket and everything is ok.
Worth checking!

Thanks everyone for the advice given. Have been in touch with MikeyBoy who was very helpful. Can't do it until end of June, so just planning things out at the moment. Won't be using it whatever, don't want to contaminate the clutch, not at £450+ :-(

All the best

end of last year had the bike split on my 07 gs to replace the 2 oil seals, new clutch and full service £1100.00 at 33,000 miles, i have spent nothing on it in nearly 3 years but it has made a big improvement.

Back
Top Bottom