How to delete routes from My Data from 660 Navigator iv?

transalper44

Reaction score
In My Data there are route after route which I wish cleared but it only allows you to Import. So how can I clear them without importing ?

Question two. Updated from Garmin Express to the Satnav the latest maps 2020, plugged SN into Basecamp on PC to update it's files. it's showing that exported routes when transferring to SN need recaluating, as they don't match, how come, Basecamp and the Satnav show the same maps installed. The routes are not as planned on Basecamp when installed in SN, they're like a spider's web branching out to dead ends !! WHY, help please. ?

Are you holding a 660 or a BMW Navigator IV in your hands?

As regards your second question. Here’s four questions for you first.

1. I assume that the routes you are referring to were created by you in BaseCamp (or MapSource) originally? In other words, they were not sent to you by a third party or that you did not create them in some third party software which you then moved into BaseCamp in order to do nothing more than then move them onto your gps device?

2. Before you updated to the latest 2020 maps on your home computer and on your device, did the routes display properly then?

3. Do the routes display properly in BaseCamp on your home computer. In other words, is it only on your gps device that the routes display badly?

4. Whilst you tell us that the 2020 maps are installed on your gps device, are you sure that they are active and that the device is not just running the much lesser detailed base map?

Last edited:
Hi Wapping
Sorry for the delay in replying.
!/ Yes, routes created by me expect routes for Morocco which were loaded by a tour rep from Magellan Motorcycle Tours 2018 which still appears in My Data but SN has been running Ok since then. In My data in SN where's loads of routes which I would like to delete but don't know how !
2/ Yes again.
3/ Yes, all has planned.
4/ It says the maps are when you ask maps info but I don't know how to tell if they're running in the SN
When trying to upload the routes from PC to SN, it says at the top (a yellow strip) it has to recalculate as the map details are not the same ? An other problem has appeared, it won't upload to the SD card !
I plan lots of routes for our riding group so is a must it's running correctly, very embarrassing then things go tits up when out leading a group !!
Shame there's no one or place one can take the SN to sort locally in Cheshire.
Your help is appreciated . Cheers Chris.

OK, let's start with question 2 first.

You say that the routes display OK in BaseCamp / MapSource, so we know that there is nothing wrong there. It is only when you send the routes to your device that they display with spikes and straight lines. The simplest classic reason for seeing this on a Garmin device is that only the base maps are active. To check that the detailed maps are installed and active go:

Home Screen

Settings (the spanner thing)

Map & Vehicle

Scroll down

myMaps (Installed maps)

You should see:

CN Europe ALL South

CN Europe ALL North

Europe DEM

CN Europe NTU Basic 3D

Or words pretty much like that.

Make sure each has a tick in the box.

Go back and display one of the troublesome routes again. Does it display normally now?

Back
Top Bottom